Get this group and SC up and running!

Options
KelseyRL
KelseyRL Posts: 124 Member
Hi ladies,
I see there's a few of you who have been posting and would like a more active group for SC so let's make it happen! I've been putting off fully committing to the program but I think it's time to change that.

Leave a comment with which SC program you're doing and what week you're on and we can help motivate each other to stay on track!

Replies

• andylllI
    andylllI Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    i'm on week 6 of the advanced program.
  • summerdaze120
    summerdaze120 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Just finished Week 1 on the BB program. Can't wait for next week to start adding weight!
  • cat_lady77
    cat_lady77 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I started out with one plan I found online where it's the same workout for weeks 1-4. Because I wasn't really consistent I've been doing it for like 3 weeks on & off. I'm trying to do it 3 times per week. I really like it because it gives me more structure when I hit the gym. & I hate cardio & I like that this system doesn't push it so hard. I'll do a little here & there, but I've felt more muscle gains doing this than the running training I was doing before.
    I'm excited to hear how others are doing!!!
  • AsISmile
    AsISmile Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I bought the book yesterday and finished reading today!
    I won't start the program until I'm done writing my thesis though... Priorities priorites.

Would love to discuss progress and results with everyone. Also talking about exercise alternatives since my gym is quite small.
  • ChiliPepperLifter
    ChiliPepperLifter Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I plan on doing the gorgeous glute program along with myv standard Stronglifts training. Day1 starts today!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I am no longer doing the program, but have incorporated it into my current routine. I ran the Gorgeous Glutes lower body program (plus I added my own upper days) for 4.5 months while I was bulking. I had fantastic results. Hip thrusts have changed my life (and my booty)!
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I've done the beginner program, then took several months off. Now I feel much weaker and out of shape, and no longer have a gym membership. I'm currently on day 2 of doing the exercises in Bret's Jane Fonda Experiment, as it's a short workout that I can do pretty much anywhere. Now that I'm out of the habit of working out and in a bit of a funk in general, I'm finding it really challenging to get back into it. I figure this is a good start for me while I try and lose the 10 lbs I've put on, then once I'm at goal I will see where I want to go from there.
  • giusa
    giusa Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I've been running the SL program since March. For a few months I was focusing on upper body (added some arnolds, curls, etc) and would like to now focus on lower body. Anyone who is familiar with this program, is there a way to incorporate some of the SC exercises? My issues are my thighs, even on a deficit and adding cardio it's not working so I'm thinking of adding barbell lunges, hip thrusters, and pile squats.
  • ChiliPepperLifter
    ChiliPepperLifter Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    @guisa it is my understanding that hip thrusts, glute bridges, and bascially all of the other exercises from the gorgeous glute workout are great for lower body development. I just do those, each workout 1 day a week, on the 3 days I do my regular SL routine
  • giusa
    giusa Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    @guisa it is my understanding that hip thrusts, glute bridges, and bascially all of the other exercises from the gorgeous glute workout are great for lower body development. I just do those, each workout 1 day a week, on the 3 days I do my regular SL routine

Thanks for the reply, honestly forgot I posted this. I rarely check this group since this group is inactive. But now considering running one of the full body programs so reading some of these posts.
  • rileyes
    rileyes Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    When I do SL5x5 I add barbell hip thrusts in at the end at either the weight of the deadlift or row. Since the row weight is lighter, I tend to add more reps or iso-holds. Doing this three times a week I can definitely see progress fast.

I am re-reading SC now and it is suggested to "Use it or lose it". Elevated glute bridges, clams and abductions are recommended on days off.
    I like to add or supplement with 3x20 of bodyweight elevated SL bridges, pull-throughs and band work at low resistance on days off.

Just checking in to see if there was any action here since I dug my book out.