Saturday July 4 2015

maureli
maureli Posts: 722 Member
173197-Weight+loss+inspirational+quot.jpg

Replies

• maureli
    maureli Posts: 722 Member
    Good Morning and happy July 4th to all those living in the US! A beautiful day to celebrate, the sun is out and it is the weekend.
    Yesterday I did a 5K run, and happily got my pace down near to where I would like to see it. Not quite there yet....but its coming. I could feel my hamstrings and just an overall feeling of "I worked-it" this morning when I got up. lol I may do a real easy run today, instead of a strength workout....we'll see.

Sherry - glad that you are getting time to spend with your family. I actually had a really nice visit last night with my brother who lives 3 hours away. I see him a few times a year...but really had a good old visit last night. So nice. The rest of my family lives nearby.

Laura - good idea to get rid of that metal stuff you cut your wrist on! I would love to rent a dumpster and fill it. lol Enjoy your weekend!

Marla - a hilly walk sounds like a great workout.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Marla are you feeling better? Hope your husband's pain passes soon.

Nice progress with your running Maureen!

I got a hilly walk for my workout this morning too. My niece & I walked a 5K race that's right by my house on the 4th of July each year. This is the 5th annual and I've done them all, although last year is the only year I ran the entire thing. Was glad my niece walked it with me. Then she helped me haul my couch out to the dumpster. Wanted to get it in there early since its big, and needed to get it done while I had someone to help. I have a taller twin sized air bed that I blew up, put the couch cushions and a throw on top of that, and that's going to be my couch until the new one is delivered on Friday. The 5K was the most I've asked my leg to do since my injury (longest time & distance plus it was all on pavement) so I've been resting my leg the past few hours, but later I'll haul more stuff into the dumpster. I'm a little overwhelmed by how much stuff I have to haul out there and that tends to leave me paralyzed, so my goal is to break it up into many smaller projects over the next week.

Happy Independence Day to those in the U.S., and happy Saturday everyone else!
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    I wrote earlier, where did it go? Went for longer hilly walk today. Mike still has neck problem but feels good enough with drugs to go out later for bands and fireworks at fairgrounds few towns over past Medford. We are taking Claudia, lady we are renting from.

She is interior designer and also does Tibetan bowl healings and Mike and i did it last night. It was so neat laying there listening to the different sounds as it went through your body. Very peaceful.

Happy 4th to all B)
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    I've never heard of Tibetan bowl healings. Sounds cool! Glad Mike is starting to feel better.
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Drove back from the beach today. Took allll day. Lots of potty breaks for lil girl's lil bladder. :-/ Now tired. Tomorrow I'll be glued to the news from Greece. Gotta get moving and working out soon though!