July 5, Day 6

Options
catladyksa
catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
OMG...we are past the halfway mark...again! These quick little challenges are great....short and sweet! And manageable!! If we screw up on one day....we can get back on our feet and move forward. I used to give up if I screwed up on long term challenges!

Hope you all recovered from your celebrations last night! Lise, hope you had a great sleep!

My treadmill is calling me!! Catch up with you all later!

xoxox N

Replies

• KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Hey gang, I'm getting a slow start on the day after yesterday's extravaganza. We're expecting a full house of company again today to enjoy the lake under sunny skies and eat the leftovers from the party.

Best part of the day, for me, was shooting off fireworks! We had some, and so did about a dozen other families, and the sky over the lake just exploded with amazing colors. Jim bought a special one for me--shaped like a frog's head--and when he lit it, the frog's eyes and mouth flashed red, then white, then red, like it was alive, while a fountain of sparks flew out of the top of its head. Skippy McGrape was standing beside my chair, I had my arm around him, and we both just laughed and laughed!!! It was one of those moments of pure joy and love and free happiness, when all the worries of the world are put aside. My heart is full.

I'll check in again later--hope you all enjoy your Sunday.

Xxoo
    K.
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you had a wonderful celebration Karen and I hope it continues today!! Glad to hear you are also up and about too!!

I made it thru the day...not bad...not great...but not bad. Food was OK...a bit hungry tonight, but I did stop at 6 pm. This morning, for some reason the TV series episode went on for just about an hour! So I did the treadmill for 61 minutes! Not bad.

Was cleaning out my office desk drawers. What fun....getting rid of stuff is getting to be FUN!! More tomorrow!! I am going to be way AHEAD of the game when it comes time for me leave!!

Everyone have a great day!! Am off to bed!!zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz n
  • KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Okay, I gotta admit that today was a challenge bust for me. I barely got any exercise, ate too much junk, and didn't log a thing!!! I could scramble now, but I think I'll take the hit. My sister and friends are only here until Saturday, and we've got plans for the wildlife park, a trip to Boston, a beach day, etc. I'm going to be careful with my choices, but I'll probably just coast through the rest of this challenge and hit the next one hard.

At least that's my plan right now. Who knows? Tomorrow I just may decide to be a challenge queen again, LOL.

How are the rest of you?

Xxooo
    K
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Fireworks were ... meh. It's illegal to set them off in town limits, which of course stops no one...lol. on the 4th, we got rain, but the displays still went off on time. We watched from our apartment's parking lot, so we didn't have too many bangs or the gunpowder smells, but some jerks behind us in a field somewhere set off a crap ton that were close to home. I didn't think we were going to make it through, but my guy is stubborn... However, the ones that someone was lighting and tossing last night about did him in. I think they were probably black cats and someone was tossing them about 100-200 feet from our porch... *SIGH* It's crazy the things I didn't use to have to worry about that are now more automatic. Aside from all that, doing okay.
  • carimiller7391
    carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!! yesterday was OK. Went to Reggie's aunts for a BBQ. We left around 530, he was tired so we came home. I didn't know when I met Reg, but he has PTSD from his past and fireworks are huge for him. I was holding his hand and he almost took it off as they went off. I did pretty decent eating today.