Weekly Post 05.07.-11.07.15

Options
flumi_f
flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
edited July 2015 in Social Groups
Hope all of our US members had a wonderful day yesterday! !

It's 8 am here and already 25 C. We're in for 37 today, which is very hot for Switzerland.

Had one Ok fast and one really good one last week. Weight has slowly stabilized and starting to go down a little. Still at 59.0kg instead of the 57kg, which was my stabil low last year. Feeling better inside and out, getting back to workouts slowly, which is helping too.

Took pics today. 1mth post op and compared them to the one week ones after getting the stiches out. Huge difference! Scars are healing well and I can see a big reduction of the he swelling. Peops. .. I am proud to report, I have a WAIST! B) I shall be wearing my skinny jeans soon. Atm they hurt a little on the hip bones because the scars are still a little sensitive.

Will be all alone at work for the next 2-3 weeks. Which is good. I can get lots of stuff done (my to do list is long....) and no one will bring in food. Thus fasting should go well. I may go for gazpacho again for tomorrow's fast. It was so easy, tasty and filling on Friday's fast :D

Enjoy your Sunday and have a wonderful week!

Replies

• snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    @flumi_f, so glad you are doing so well. Did baking today for my birthday tomorrow, so hopefully I won't gain all that I have lost, but I am so pleased to see my low number again and seeing it on a normal day whereas before it was a 'low' after fast weight. Have a great week everyone :D
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Happy Birthday Snaps!!! Just enjoy your day! You already gave yourself the best gift possible! The next fast will sort the rest out.
  • flumi_f
    Options
    OK peops...I'm outing myself....
    I have been single for a very long time. Most of my adult life actually. The last time I joined an online platform, I was the old me (see profile pic, left). I didn't get much feedback....

I signed up on a platform yesterday, because there was a nice guy in the paper. The paper does weekly makeovers of a single and they are registered on said platform. To write him I had to join. He hasn't written back yet, but I've been a bit bombarded by very clear hit ons....and they want one thing and one thing only. Though I'm not interested....I'm gonna take that as today's NSV. Guess I'm officially a hot chick now :p All thanks to 5:2. Got some nice mail too. Who knows, where that could lead. I'll keep you posted.

Next fast day tomorrow.... Oh maybe not...just got a text...may have a date tomorrow....one of the nice ones :D
  • zahid222
    zahid222 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    flumi_f wrote: »
    OK peops...I'm outing myself....
    I have been single for a very long time. Most of my adult life actually. The last time I joined an online platform, I was the old me (see profile pic, left). I didn't get much feedback....

I signed up on a platform yesterday, because there was a nice guy in the paper. The paper does weekly makeovers of a single and they are registered on said platform. To write him I had to join. He hasn't written back yet, but I've been a bit bombarded by very clear hit ons....and they want one thing and one thing only. Though I'm not interested....I'm gonna take that as today's NSV. Guess I'm officially a hot chick now :p All thanks to 5:2. Got some nice mail too. Who knows, where that could lead. I'll keep you posted.

Next fast day tomorrow.... Oh maybe not...just got a text...may have a date tomorrow....one of the nice ones :D

WOW!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! ENJOY YOU DESREVE IT!
  • snaps27
    Options
    Flumi_f, you go girl!!!
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Thanks ladies ;-)

I met one of the nice ones today....he is nice, but no spark in his eyes.... Seems I like it sparky. Ah well...
  • snaps27
    Options
    He's out there Flumi_i and you will know when it's right! Keep having fun! B)
  • sanjoparolas
    sanjoparolas Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    "sparky" - love it! Hold out for the spark, you are worth it (doesn't mean you can't have lots of fun with the dates leading up to it too).
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Yeah, I love a good spark!! Well aside from these adventures, which are kind of fun and really helping me reprogramm how I see myself. The image I see in the mirror is obviously not what these guys are seeing. So even if I not up for a fling, they are helping me with their compliments and clear suggestions ;-). And there are two more dates coming up next week with the sincere ones.

Anyway I've also had an awesome week weight wise....don't really know why. But I'm back down to 58kg. I haven't been there in 2mth. Which means I am below pre op and minus the 1kg they cut off. Yipee!! My cycle is slowly coming back to it's regularity (lost it for 6 mth and erratic for 12mth due to weightloss). I really wouldn't need it anymore...but it seems I lose better, when the hormonal cycle is normal, than when it is out of whack. Which could mean....more regularity will allow me to lose those last 3kg, that I've been half heartedly trying to lose for a year....

And then this morning instead of walking I decided to go to the VitaParcour in the forest and try to run....OMG!!! I'm back!! Really! First run since before my operation. I took it slow, especially on the decline. 5k in 35min / 130m ascent and 60s plank + 3*10 full plank pushups along the way. Yipee!!! Felt really good to feel those muscles working and the heart and lungs pumping a little.

All in all a pretty darn good week with lots of ice cream and 2 OK fasts...and mom is cooking a yummy dinner for me tonight too :p

Have an awesome sunny weekend!
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @Flumi. Congrats for getting out there! ...and it's good you have standards. Just know that online dating is not for the fainthearted. It's bit like hunting for real estate, IMO:

You run around looking for something that's within your main criteria. 90% of the time it wasn't a match because you know real estate agents will say almost anything to get people on viewings. Then, when you finally found an object you REALLY like, you make a bid. Sweet dreams appear, you already redecorated most of it. Trepidation occur, adrenaline rising, cause when you made a formal bid...you can't really bid on something else. Sometimes someone else outbid you! (heartbreak) And as with anything involving heart matters, sometimes it just isn't a fit after all.

Edit: Never, ever get too stuck with someone cause it "could potentially be so great" ...yup, been there too. See point above about redecorating real estate before moving in. How a man (person) acts tells you far more than what he says, IMO.

Joke aside. Have a clear image of what kind of qualities/person you wish to find. Trim that list if it gets too long ;)
    I do understand the lack of spark, though. However, I have turned down a small number of very eligible men in my days, because they weren't enough bad boy at the time. Now that I think about it, I was very immature in many ways. My-oh-my it's good we change tastes over time. I couldn't imagine what life woulda been if I stuck to my first bf as a teen, lol.

Congrats, everyone of you who are able to stick to fasting in the heat of summer. I'm having a hard time, but it's ok. I'll figure it out...eventually.
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Real estate. ...great analogy! You are on the money! I've done it before and am taking it all quite sportiv atm. Talked to mom tonight. ..we now know what I'd like...a modern old school guy....that's not gonna be easy! But hey 2 meets next week. It'll be interesting at the least.

Good luck with Mr Yoga. Don't worry about the 5! If the shoe fits, run with it :p
  • dorriemochan
    dorriemochan Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Love this! Good luck in your dating ventures... I guess you'll just struggle to fit in your fast days with these high levels of demand