Losing and gaining the same 2 pounds

Options
teachmom32
teachmom32 Posts: 183 Member
I am on workout 6A stage 1, so I've been at this for nearly a month. I keep gaining and losing the same 2 pounds over and over again. It's very frustrating. I know this doesn't seem like a lot, and I shouldn't freak out. At 174 pounds, though, and only 5'4"I still have a lot to lose to be at a healthy, comfortable weight.

For those of you that actually lost weight with the program, what did you do? The book suggests I should be eating 2300 calories on lifting days and 2,000 on non-lifting. Since I'm overweight, I can subtract 300 from both. On average I've been eating 1700-1800 calories everyday.

As far as other exercise, I've been walking or riding my bike on non-lifting days. I don't plan on giving up any time soon. I like the way my body is starting to feel. However, if there are any tips for actually continuing to lose weight while lifting, I would be VERY appreciative. Thank you!

Replies

• mmoister79
    mmoister79 Posts: 20
    Options
    I just finished Stage 1 and I am beginning stage 2 tonight. I only lost 2 pounds with stage 1, BUT I lost about 6 inches. I know it's hard to do, but put your scale away and focus on how your body looks and feels, not what your scale says. I used to weigh myself every week, and I was disappointed with the number I saw, even though I saw positive changes in my body. Don't let a number on the scale get you down. Just an FYI, I am not a small girl either... 5'10", 208 pounds but I went from a size 16 (tight) to a size 14 (loose). I am hoping to eventually end up in a size 10. I no longer have a real "goal" for my weight because I would prefer to look better than weigh less.

Keep at it and you will see results!!
  • siany01
    siany01 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6, 35 and 174lbs. Using the spreadsheet on here my cals work out at 1365 on non lift days and 1608 (or something like that) on lift days. Which seems about right for me.

If you didn't use the spreadsheet on here maybe try plugging your numbers is there and seeing what it comes out at.

Good luck
  • makinitcount44
    makinitcount44 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6, 35 and 174lbs. Using the spreadsheet on here my cals work out at 1365 on non lift days and 1608 (or something like that) on lift days. Which seems about right for me.

If you didn't use the spreadsheet on here maybe try plugging your numbers is there and seeing what it comes out at.

Good luck

Spreadsheet on here? Where can I find that?
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I just finished Stage 1 and I am beginning stage 2 tonight. I only lost 2 pounds with stage 1, BUT I lost about 6 inches. I know it's hard to do, but put your scale away and focus on how your body looks and feels, not what your scale says. I used to weigh myself every week, and I was disappointed with the number I saw, even though I saw positive changes in my body. Don't let a number on the scale get you down. Just an FYI, I am not a small girl either... 5'10", 208 pounds but I went from a size 16 (tight) to a size 14 (loose). I am hoping to eventually end up in a size 10. I no longer have a real "goal" for my weight because I would prefer to look better than weigh less.

Keep at it and you will see results!!
    What she ^^^ said! :happy:

I am beginning my third week of NR stage 1 today, I am also 5'10" & 205 and down from a 16 to 14. I threw the scale out the window a long time ago, and too no longer have that "ideal weight" goal, I might weigh once a month just for kicks, but I am going more for STRENGTH #1, muscle tone, body comp, etc... I suggest taking lots of pictures form different angles as you progress, you WILL see differences in them, as well as your measurements at the beginning & end of each stage.....Hang in there and KEEP PUSHING!
  • siany01
    siany01 Posts: 319 Member
    Options

Good luck

The link to it is on this thread http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/444649-am-i-eating-enough
  • makinitcount44
    makinitcount44 Posts: 441 Member
    Options

Good luck

The link to it is on this thread http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/444649-am-i-eating-enough

Thanks!
  • teachmom32
    teachmom32 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've used the spreadsheet. That's where I got my numbers from. It says Fat Loss, which is for sure what I'm going for, but I guess that doesn't mean Weight Loss, as in movement on the scale. I wish I could have both, but I guess it's just going to take some time.
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I'm so grateful the batteries in my scale died as soon as I started this program. I don't plan to replace the batteries until I'm done with Stage 1. I'm sticking to the measuring tape and how my clothes fit.