July 2015 Challenge ~~ Jul 6th - Jul 12th

Options
2»

Replies

• zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,898 Member
    Options
    Chris I will be thinking of you both Tuesday. Glad you all had a great walk. My Cooper is finally acting like himself more. Little stink bit me once even. :( Glad he realized it was me before he broke skin. He was much worse the first time. He could hardly move. I had to wrap him in a blanket to keep him from biting me. Just to carry him outside to pee. This time I knew how to care for him.

I started on cutting the sod this evening. It is harder than I remembered. :p I took some before photos. I hope to have the sod all out and taken to the composting site tomorrow. I would give the sod away if it did not have that weed in it.

So Chris tell me about the hip surgery. I guess I really do not know about it. Is there a name for the procedure he is having?
    Anyway, wishing him all the best.

Shelley
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,439 Member
    Options
    Has Cooped run away more than twice? Is he traumatized? How did you find him? I hope he gets better soon. That breaks my heart.

DH had both hips replaced 12 or 13 years ago. They inserted a metal piece in the leg bone that had a round part that fit into the metal hip socket they inserted...he is metal rubbing on metal. My Titanium Man!! The metal is wearing away...he has traces of it in his blood. He is in pain...he shouldn't be in pain. They are going to insert a silicone piece between the leg bone and the socket and fix a couple of issues in right hip. In about 12 weeks or so, they will do the left hip.

A lot of the metal hips pieces have been recalled because of this type of failure. Okay...think about that..."Excuse me sir...we need our metal back...just lay back here and let us remove..."

I think the surgery is called...Fix Your Stupid Mistake, Now!!! Who tested this stuff? Makes me so mad.

Anyway, I'll keep you posted.

DDD and I are hitting the gym this morning then I'll either walk with DH or by myself.

Back Later...

Chris
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,702 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Chris, What happened to your husband is infuriating. Sorry he has to go through all this. Hope they do it right this time. Will his blood clear up? Maddening! :angry:

Shelley, Auto correct thinks Cooper should be Cooped. :laugh: Too true, poor baby... Glad he's feeling better. How are the flowers and aquarium? Sounds like a really good workout, removing that sod. So much you do! I am in awe...

My workout today will be steps through the airports. I'm off to Utah in an hour. Be back on Tuesday. Usually when I disappear it means I just don't have anything to say. I still check in almost every day to see what people are up to. But this time I will be missing you. :sad:

You're still in my heart though! :heart:
    Paula
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,439 Member
    Options
    Paula, yes, his blood will clear up. Got my fingers crossed. And, don't you just love auto correct?? It's turned my face red a couple of times! :D Hope your Utah trip is fun.

Hit the gym w/DDD early this morning then went off by myself for a fast walk. I've managed 7.02 miles and 13,450 steps so far today.

The kids are having dinner at DDD's MIL's, so we have Bean for the evening. The MIL's 'friend' has a dog who is mean to Bean so the kids don't take him over there any more. We may end up having a puppy-sleepover. That sure makes walking in the morning a lot easier.

Hope you all have a grand Sunday!

Chris

• zumbaforever
    Options
    Yes Chris I hope it works out this time and no more pain! You do know I was laughing at how you described the whole thing. Sorry, could not help myself. And yes Cooper, got that stupid auto correct this time, thanks Paula. Has escaped a number of times. Thunder storms were awful. One bang and he was off. That wall we did awhile back was all for him. I believe I posted photos of the truck loads of old bricks. All the iron work Rocky did. And then the painting. He is hiding in the bathtub right now. Some idiots set off some fireworks! Grumbling.

Paula have a safe trip. Write when you can. :)

I finished digging sod. And then we bought two Faux Wood Adirondack Chairs. They were on sale for $50 less than normal. Happy Anniversary to us. Lol. They were a boring Brown. We each picked out two colors to paint them. I will post photos as soon as mine is done. And his, I will let you gals be the judges of which you like best. B)

Night all,
    Shelley
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Well here it is! My aquarium. It is slightly over five feet in length and around 5'6 in height. Perfect for a few fish. I pulled algae for a couple of hours. And weeded my garden bed for an hour. Wishing the wind would die down so I can paint some more.

The phosphate must not be leeching from the rocks much. The algae is either not growing as quickly or it is dying in most places. Sure makes me excited. As soon as all the loose pieces I stirred up are filtered out I will run some tests. Fingers crossed everyone. Oh and I am looking to buy a new step stool. My old one is just not tall enough.

Have a great Sunday,
    Shelley