Two Day Full Body Lifting Fatigue

Options
MandaLeigh123
MandaLeigh123 Posts: 351 Member
So I have been lifting since last August. Two months ago. Switched to Monday/Thursday full body lifting program. Mondays lifts are always good and big after three days off but Thursdats lifts are a struggle with only 2 days between lifts.
I'm thinking of dropping some weight on Thursday and increasing reps. Spend Thursdays really focusing on form?
Anyone who has been lifting awhile notice these problems? When I started lifting August 2014 I rarely at DOMS fatigue so this is new to me.

Replies

• lulufee317537
    lulufee317537 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I also do two full body weight lifting sessions per week, one on Saturday and one on Tuesday. I usually go all out on Saturday, doing all the sets and all the exercises, and maybe more. On Tuesday I just do whatever I feel like, usually a copy of Saturday minus some extraneous exercises. Sometimes if I'm tired my Tuesday is cut short to less sets, or lower volume. Sometimes on Tuesday I'll try new things for fun, more bodyweight exercises, creative cable exercises, etc.

To sum up, I don't expect myself to perform at full tilt twice a week. Most people who do split workouts only train each part of their body only once a week anyways.
  • MandaLeigh123
    Options
    Cool, thx for the feedback. I was trying to go all out twice a week but my body was just fighting me on it. I'm still making progress though! I think I'll go with the flow of my body and push hard one day and take the other day a little easier. Good to know I am not alone on this one!
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Are you trying to do the same lifts or different ones? Do you do other stuff in-between (cardio etc.)? What does your routine look like? Working in a different rep range could be a good idea (you can mix this up between the two sessions also). Might want to challange yourself in different ways such as doing single leg exercises or working in a different plane.
  • MandaLeigh123
    Options
    Some variations on lift days but compund lifts are mostly the same: deads, bench, bent over rows, etc.
    I'm pretty active most days of the week between cardio & making it a point to get some movement everyday. My intense cardio days I do directly after lifting though, in the same gym session.
    Might try different reps ranges. I am dealing with a joint condition so cant do any single leg things but can do single upper body stuff. Thx for suggestions.