One for the ladies

kellyb1285
kellyb1285 Posts: 17 Member
ok ladies....

Iv always experienced bad PMS, however since starting this new lifestyle change its got significantly worse. Cravings totally uncontrollable (I do want to control them) and depression n fatigue very extreme.

Anyone got tips on how they manage the change in hormone levels and cravings?

Replies

• homesweeths
    homesweeths Posts: 792 Member
    Are you eating enough good fats? How long have you been on "this new lifestyle"?
  • Kimberly_Harper
    Kimberly_Harper Posts: 409 Member
    I didn't notice a lot of difference in my PMS when I started Paleo, but in the past couple of months my hormones have been nuts. I suspect my age, and like homesweeths mentioned, I'm tweaking my healthy fats.
  • qbnprncess
    qbnprncess Posts: 5 Member
    kellyb1285 wrote: »
    ok ladies....

Iv always experienced bad PMS, however since starting this new lifestyle change its got significantly worse. Cravings totally uncontrollable (I do want to control them) and depression n fatigue very extreme.

Anyone got tips on how they manage the change in hormone levels and cravings?

It takes you body a while to adjust to a new lifestyle. And be honest with yourself have you been cheating a lot and sneaking in some sugars/ chocolate? I know that that is my downfall. Once you eat primal for a while and then start cheating you might notice how your body reacts a lot more than how you were eating previously. I personally would get horrible migraines every month. Been eating this way for over 2 years and my migraines have practically disappeared. I have maybe had a total of 2 actual migraines, and if I get any pain it's just a headache that is manageable.