What's your experience?

Options
katiwagner
katiwagner Posts: 82 Member
I haven't started this workout yet, I borrowed the book from the local library, but I'm thinking if this is something I want to do I should own the book myself. I'm really enjoying learning about my body and my muscles but it's just about time to get started on the work out. So basically my question is for those who have been at this for awhile, do you like this program? How long have you been doing it? Have you seen the results you were hoping for? Have you or do you stick to the diet plan included? And any thing else you might want to include.

Replies

• Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I love it. Workouts feel great and I feel great afterward. It's difficult but fun, and there's variety.

I did the program for about 6 months last year, up through Stage 5 or so, but then some circumstances intervened and I am currently starting over with Stage 1.

I refuse to diet (eat at a deficit) for personal reasons, but I have tried it and I felt like crap-- not just because I was hungry all the time, but because I felt like I wasn't treating myself right. So I can really get behind the book's philosophy on eating and food.

I aim for the protien amounts they recommend in the book, and I ate pretty much all the calories. At one point I realized I was drinking more alcohol that usual because "look how many calories I have left!" so I took away 200 calories and that seemed to work :laugh: I felt like the book was a bit simplistic in its approach to calorie requirements, but I also appreciate that it simplified on the side of eating MORE. I am satisfied with my approach to food and I don't need the diet portion of the program-- but it does offer good information for the particular nutritional needs of weight-lifting.

One thing that can be difficult is, if you work out a gym, do your best to go at a less-busy time. My gym is pretty much empty during the summer-- I couldn't imagine having to wait for all the bros to finish their sets so I can work.

Also the first 1 or 2 workouts will make you really sore but don't worry! After that it should just be normal sore. :)
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Started week 3 today! I LOVE IT! Squated 95# & 85# seated row! Im pretty pleased with my results thus far, and only expect to get stronger!!! And the hubby is liking the muscle definition that is forming on my upper back! :bigsmile:
  • dixoncrew
    dixoncrew Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I love it. I bought the book and read it twice and then I bought some weight equipment off of Craigslist and made some room in my shed so I'm able to lift at home. I love how strong it makes me feel.
  • katiwagner
    katiwagner Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your insight ladies.

dixoncrew-do you do all your workouts at home? That is my hope and would like to know I can successfully do the program at home before I go buy all sorts of equipment.