Weigh in July 7

Lastchancelj
Lastchancelj Posts: 1,341 Member
SW: 238
LW: 188.8
TW 190.8

Up 2. and I'm not surprised. I MUST GET BACK ON TRACK WITH MY MEAL PLANNING! Short and sweet - that is truly the answer.

Replies

• GaGasheesh
    GaGasheesh Posts: 1,128 Member
    SW: 156
    LW: 138
    TW: 136.5

YAY! Finally a downward move. Getting my butt kicked on the Fitbit challenges works wonders. :) Lois, you're right . . meal planning. Even just logging my food on MFP makes a huge difference for me. It's so eye opening when you see those calories in black and white.
  • SarahMaxx
    SarahMaxx Posts: 1,972 Member
    SW: 155
    LW: 145.8
    TW: 145.6

Still doing a heck of a job maintaining a weight that is at least 10 pounds over my comfort zone!

And I can't agree more about logging food. I really need to do that daily or several times a day to stay aware of what and how much I'm consuming. And every time I look at my reports and see a deficit but no weight change, I'm reminded that timdad always said to put in an extra calories per day--which I haven't been doing. Why is that I know something is good for me, and I still don't do it? If my weight is the same and I'm showing about a 250 per day deficit, then I should probably just plunk an extra 250 in each morning and work from there. I'm sooo hard-headed.

And it's my last day as a 62 year old. Yep, as of 9:30 tomorrow morning, I turn 63--an age I could never imagine myself as being, and an age that, thankfully, I don't feel. But knowing that I'll probably indulge a little over the weekend, I need to make the next couple of days good ones in terms of deficits. :smile:
  • Lastchancelj
    OK....So cheryl and I signed up for this RunSelfieChallenge that began July 1 and runs through July 31. It's a virtual race. Every day, we are assigned a specific type of selfie. Day one was With your Favorite drink...day 2 was pajama day...Day 4 with a dog. Well, yesterday's was At a Playground...not allowed to push the kids =((. We post our pics on a private FB page and here was today's winner!!!!!

We have some 400+ others participating and they are VERY creative. SOOO proud of Cheryl!!! and yes, Cheryl approved me posting the pic before I posted.
  • SarahMaxx
    Cool! Thanks for sharing Cheryl's pic.

You know, I think I'm getting "signs." This morning, the Bodymedia site was doing fine. Then it started getting a 404 error message. The contact info on the error page was for Jawbone, so I called them, held from a long time and was told no, you have to call another number for BodyMedia. I did, and honestly, I held for probably longer than 30 minutes--maybe 45. I can wear a headset and keep working, but it was horrible music and lots of awful noise that was not comfortable to listen to. Every now and then I got that "your call is important to us message." Yeah, right! And after that message they said, "you can also go online to www.bodymedia.com/support." But when I put that address in, it got routed to Jawbone. See a trend here?

I think, long story short, that Jawbone is getting ready to drop support for Bodymedia. I knew that probably meant the person who finally answered my call might be losing her job if/when that happens, so I tried to be pleasant. I did tell her that I am concerned about the site and support just going away and that I hope they give us some heads up so we can get records we might want to keep. It was interesting that she had no feedback about this. In fact, sounded a little nervous.

This is very reminiscent of what went on with Bodybugg. I'm trying to view this as a little nudge and not take it personally, but gosh darn--there are people out there who have recently bought these units and I so feel for them. As for me, I've gotten my money's worth.
  • Lastchancelj
    Sarah - order your fitbit TODAY!!!! That's where you're going to end up so come on!!!
  • GaGasheesh
    GaGasheesh Posts: 1,128 Member
    edited July 2015
    What a fun challenge! Hilarious picture of Cheryl :D

Sarah, I agree with Lois . . pull the trigger and get your Fitbit today!!! You can buy them at Best Buy, I think the Apple Store, and a bunch of other places if you don't want to wait for an online order. We can't wait to see you there. Sorry about so many issues with Bodymedia. I remember years back joining one of those small strip mall gyms with my daughter. I think it was called Lady of America. About six months in they closed up shop. I fought to get my monthly fee stopped, but I was just out the money for the start up of the memberships. Sometimes, sh** happens.
  • deannac11
    deannac11 Posts: 4 Member
    Go for the Fitbit! They have amazing customer service. Have replaced my fit bitty whenever I have ever had problems. Well worth the investment.

Love the pic Cheryl! Way to go!
  • SarahMaxx
    Hi, everyone. It has been very quiet here in the old Short N Sassy corner. Hope that means that everyone is busy doing good, active things.

Our plans for a casual dinner and movie for my birthday had to be postponed until Sunday night because we were called on to do extra volunteer stints on Friday night and Saturday, but it worked out okay. I was pleasantly surprised when I logged my food on Sunday night and found I had still managed to stay within my intake goal for the day.

I was not very good, however, with planned activity over the weekend. It was a timing thing that was also affected by a series of storms. We seem unable to get out of this hot, stormy weather pattern.

However--we made a real effort to get to bed earlier on Sunday and Monday nights, and we got up early and went walking yesterday and today before starting work. Yeah! That makes me feel better all day. Hubby actually came along both times, though he was complaining about pain in his calves this morning, so I'm wondering about tomorrow. We also have to take one of the cars to the shop for routine maintenance early tomorrow morning.

And mentioning tomorrow--it's weigh-in day for me, and I have no idea at this point how I'll fare.