Discontinued Food Email

Options
spamanda53
spamanda53 Posts: 86 Member
I received this email earlier today. Seems like a lot of foods are kicking the bucket all at once. Maybe this is why they got rid of the boards? So we wouldn't all congregate on their site to complain ;) hahaha

94lhwn7gzp9d.jpg

Replies

• spamanda53
    spamanda53 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Oh and I don't have all of these things in my AD so it appears that it is just a generic email ... For what that's worth.
  • Determined_Missy
    Determined_Missy Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I will miss the Sloppy Joes and Grilled Chicken Breasts.
  • irandamay
    irandamay Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    This is the first email that I have gotten from NS in over 2 years other than my order confirmations.

And it made me so sad because I am a big orderer of the Mac & Cheese with Beef and the Canadian Bacon & Cheese Biscuit. :(
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I Will more or less miss the convenience of the Grilled Chicken Breast, The Substitute for that is nothing even near the same usefulness. Lucky me I have some stashed in the freezer.

The Omelet is not near the usefulness or taste of the Canadian Bacon & Cheese Biscuit :)

I can live with the Lunch Subs.

The Two Mac & Cheeses, I have to wonder why.
    The Pasta Fagioli sub is nothing I want.
    The Sloppy Joe is not that old a Entree.

I have to wonder if some of these changes are not being driven by the increase in meat prices.

Oh well, It is what is and nothing we can say or do will change it.

Have a Good Day
    Roger
  • linna62
    linna62 Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Isn't that the truth. We either buy or don't.

Years ago I was told Kraft easy mac in the cup is close and much cheaper. Fettuccini Alfredo lunch is imo much better then the broccoli coloring in rice. But sigh. As long as they have my breakfast bars and 2 lunch bars I will keep my ala carte membership. I do also stock up on the pizza as it's easy to take along and build on. I feel bad for vegetarians and those who rely on shelf stable. NS seems to not market that way.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Linna
    I cannot figure what they are doing some time. The replaced the Vegetarian Sloppy Joe with a meat version and now they are getting rid of that one. They do seem to be not worrying about vegetarians.

Some of their choices seem like they have no clear idea of what they want. Kill popular Entrees, Kill the forum :(

Oh well, I think our input means little
    Roger
  • Lynmar101
    Lynmar101 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I loved the Sausage and Peppers and 4 Cheese Melt isn't anywhere near it.
  • mdubbs1
    mdubbs1 Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    The fettucini alfredo plus a protein serving made a great dinner. I l loved mixing the mac/beef with the chili and making two meals. Two more of my staples bite the dust!
  • JuneInCharge
    JuneInCharge Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    spamanda53 wrote: »
    I received this email earlier today. Seems like a lot of foods are kicking the bucket all at once. Maybe this is why they got rid of the boards? So we wouldn't all congregate on their site to complain ;) hahaha

I'm a bit confused about the Canadian bacon, egg and cheese biscuit. Is it the same thing as the Canadian bacon and egg biscuit or are they 2 separate items? I have 6 Canadian bacon and egg on my order and there is no indication that there is a short supply or they were discontinued. The omelet isn't bad, so I guess I'll just wait and see.

• RogerToo
    Options
    Hi June
    I suspect they are the same item.

I was working over my order and noticed that none of the items the email indicated showed as not available to order or as short supply. It makes me wonder what the heck is going on.

Cheers
    Roger
  • irandamay
    Options
    Unless it just doesn't show the subs on the online packing list, nothing was subbed in mine. It still shows 10 Canadian bacon & cheese biscuits and 29 Mac & Cheese with Beef (9 regular order, 20 a la carte).
  • irandamay
    Options
    Sadly the PA warehouse is already out of the Canadian bacon & cheese biscuits. I received 10 omelettes today even though it did not show low inventory up until my order processed last Thursday, which was only a couple days after the email. :(
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    It was a beautiful morning today, Humidity in the Comfortable range, maybe 48% and 66 degrees. You can be sure I walked today, Heck, I almost sweated too. Then I came home, Ate the 2nd half of My Morning Banana, Mowed the Lawn and then had Breakfast. 2.75 Miles + whatever exercise the mowing provided.

Then as I was in the basement pulling frozen from the freezer to bring up to the kitchen for the rest of today and the next four days menus I heard someone knocking on the front Door. I had forgotten it was meter reading day. I now have today's and the next four days menus created. Tomorrow I will have to tackle changing the Fill assembly for one of the toilets. Oh Well :)

Have a Great Day
    Roger
    irandamay wrote: »
    Unless it just doesn't show the subs on the online packing list, nothing was subbed in mine. It still shows 10 Canadian bacon & cheese biscuits and 29 Mac & Cheese with Beef (9 regular order, 20 a la carte).
    irandamay wrote: »
    Sadly the PA warehouse is already out of the Canadian bacon & cheese biscuits. I received 10 omelettes today even though it did not show low inventory up until my order processed last Thursday, which was only a couple days after the email. :(

Hi Miranda
    I would call and complain. I can only handle one Omelet a month and even then I may add a slice of cheese @ 40 calories and use it as a sandwich.

I am working my way through a pile of SouthWest Fiesta Melts, 13 of them, I think 12 were substitutes.

If I could not stomach them I would have been on the phone so quick.

Cheers
    Roger
  • irandamay
    Options
    I put some ketchup on the omelet and it was ok, but it wasn't my delicious biscuit. :) Ketchup is a fruit serving, right? ;)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Miranda
    I think what is the least successful part of the omelet is the filling so I either add a slice of cheese or replace the filling with a slice of cheese and put the omelet in a sandwich. Either a SC of Whole Wheat toast, or pocket bread or a flat bread.

I still have a couple of the biscuits in the freezer. I pulled a NS Caramel Apple Breakfast Muffin to defrost for later. When they were released I bought a bunch of them and popped most of them in the freezer right away. They come good as new :)

Cheers
    Roger