New to the C25K

Options
frankie5152
frankie5152 Posts: 484 Member
Hi, i have been on MFP for 90 days now and i just started the C25K program today will be day 2. So far i have lost 67.5 lbs, over 100lbs still to lose. I imagine ill be repeating some days any suggestions or tips are greatly appreciated. Thanks

Replies

• linzi02
    linzi02 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Well done on your current weight loss! That's such an achievement. My number 1 tip for C25K would be take your time with it! It's great that you've already accepted you might want to repeat some days, I think that is the best way to make sure you keep going with it and don't give up. I had to repeat some day, particularly in week 4 but then it seemed to click one day and get easier.

Let us know how you get on :)
  • frankie5152
    Options
    linzi02 wrote: »
    Well done on your current weight loss! That's such an achievement. My number 1 tip for C25K would be take your time with it! It's great that you've already accepted you might want to repeat some days, I think that is the best way to make sure you keep going with it and don't give up. I had to repeat some day, particularly in week 4 but then it seemed to click one day and get easier.

Let us know how you get on :)

Thanks, i just finished day 2 my shins were still sore from day 1 but by the end the were feeling better and was able to finish. I was looking at week 4 and it does look tough lol.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    welcome
    on my "rest" days, I repeat the first week workouts.
    you are already doing great

take your time, listen to your body, patience, go slow.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Make sure you have good running shoes (get fitted at a running store if you can.)

Don't worry at all about pace right now. You will need to slow down as the amount of time you are expected to run increases.

I would recommend doing some kind of cross training on your days off of running- cycling, swimming, even just walking. Take a complete rest day occasionally, if you need it.

Trust the program, it works!
  • frankie5152
    Options
    Thanks, looks like im buying new shoes this weekend.
  • a_manda
    a_manda Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this group but have tried C25k many times in the past. I always give up around week 4. Any tips to help push through the mental road blocks and actually complete the program? I finished W1D2 yesterday. On my off days from running I mostly just walk.

Thank you!
  • frankie5152
    Options
    a_manda wrote: »
    I'm new to this group but have tried C25k many times in the past. I always give up around week 4. Any tips to help push through the mental road blocks and actually complete the program? I finished W1D2 yesterday. On my off days from running I mostly just walk.

Thank you!
    We are on the same day we can help eachother stay on track. Feel free to add me.
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options

Thank you!

Congratulations on restarting the programme and admitting that you are having problems pushing through the mental roadblocks. I would suggest that the programme works and so you need to trust in it and follow it. To help you, be prepared to slow down, most issues are caused by people going too fast. They run like they are international athletes not beginners, leave the ego at the door, you can always go slower. This programme is designed to get you on your feet at any speed. Finally keep doing what you have done, ask for help and do so in the daily update thread. More experieneced people drop by and can offer support but more importantly there is a steady flow of people going through the programme, all of which can give you their insight and support and their recent experience.

Hopefully have some fun and graduate from the programme on this cycle.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I will echo what ftrobbie said- when you think you need to stop, just slow down. You should be able to have a conversation (or sing a song) while you are running. If you can't- slow down. Keep telling yourself you can do it. Trust in the program.

Have fun!
  • frankie5152
    Options
    Just bought some running shoes... no more walmart brand for me lol
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Yay Frankie!
  • fit4life_73
    fit4life_73 Posts: 435 Member
    Options

Thank you!

I've restarted this program many many times in the past. I recently graduated but the real challenge is continuing my running journey. My one tip on pushing through the mental road blocks is not to compare yourself to others. This was hard for me as I am very competitive. So whatever expectations you have of yourself, throw them out the window and trust in the program.
  • frankie5152
    Options
    Today is day 1 of week 2 and i have a cold (in the middle of summer blah) im going to try and do it anyway #GetFit #NoMoreExcuses #DoWork #FeelTheBurn #weightloss