July 8, Day 9

Options
catladyksa
catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
edited July 2015 in Social Groups
WOW...time is racing by!!! Can't believe we are almost mid-summer!!!

Still hanging in here at 113 F ! I did not get on the treadmill this morning, but will try for this afternoon when I get home. I was really tired when I woke up which is not the norm for me!!

Hey, Dee sends her regards to all. She is having a busy summer and has gotten 'wheels'!! So she is no longer having to walk and take the bus everywhere! Now she can drive to the 'Y'!

I had to fast since midnight.....I wanted some routine blood work done to get a baseline for the lab values before I move home. I will repeat them in early November. (One advantage of working for a healthcare facility!) I am mainly interested in my cholesterol, triglycerides... those lovely cardiac things!! LOL

So had my fruit for lunch, almonds and that is that! Tonight, something light again and hopefully don't become a couch potato and get on that Treadmill!

Hope you all have a great Day 9!!!

cheers!

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I'm still mostly on target, it's 7:30 am locally, and I'm ready to head back to bed. Unexpected arrival of Nature's Monthly Gift and I am cranky, not myself, and miserable. Anyway, not going to get mired in complaining, but...MEH! today.

Hope everyone else is having a great day.

Looking forward to good results, Nancy! :)
  • KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Hey gang, very busy with houseguests this week. Tomorrow we have an early morning trek to the Gray Maine Wildlife Park-- it's a rehab facility for injured and orphaned Maine wildlife. Most animals are released back into the wild, but the ones who can't be are kept in good habitats.

Friday my sister and I will do a quick trip to Boston so she can meet our new great-niece Eliza. Saturday the guests are heading back to Kentucky and we will have a VERY quiet and sad and empty house.

It'll be a blessing for me in terms of food (15 and 13 year-old boys who swim all day eat a LOT of food). I've started de-carbing my house today, mostly by EATING THEM!!! I was like a human carb vacuum cleaner today... couldn't figure out why. Then I realized my body is swimming in corticosteroids from yesterday's spine shot. Tomorrow will be a detox day--lots of water, lean protein, and salad. Wow, just writing that out makes my body say HURRAH!

Here's to finishing day 10 strong! I did great days 1-7, died 8-9, rebound day 10.

K.
  • KarenZen
    Options
    qhxmnkg2w9mc.jpg

Recent picture of my great niece--first shopping trip at 4 months.
  • KarenZen
    Options
  • KarenZen
    Options
  • catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Way tooooo cute!!!!!

Yes...here is to day 10!! And if anyone wants to join me for another 10 day mini challenge!! Let's go for it!!!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    SO CUTE... I needed baby smiles today!!!
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Isn't she the funniest little chicken? (her Mama's pet name) Let me see if I have a few more I can post.
  • KarenZen
    edited July 2015
    Options
    872zyaa93xux.jpg

Here she is with her mama, my niece.
  • KarenZen
    Options
    zls3jz7a25z5.jpg

And with her grampa, my brother.
  • maoribadger