Night shift

Options
5Mack
5Mack Posts: 15 Member
edited July 2015 in Social Groups
When I wake up too early during the morning after a night shift I feel utterly crap and groggy and NEED sugar.
Is this emotional eating because I do fu*king hate being tired?
Is the sugar craving a bad sign?
Anyone else work shifts and have similar cravings?

I usually binge for ten minutes then regret it and go back to bed only to have trouble going back to sleep.

PURE RAGE BOILS INSIDE ME AT THIS TIME. I think I need lots o' sleep lol

Replies

• tlmeyn
    tlmeyn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I think it's lack of a good sleeping pattern and Sugar is an ADDICTION. Try to go off gradually. Try a sugar sub like Truvia.. I was a sugar and carb addict, but I have a family history of diabetes and decided to go low carb. I am not suggesting that's the solution for you, but now I just tell myself I cannot have sugar. I am not good at moderation.
  • may272015
    may272015 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I work the evening shift....to help me from eating the sugar or cards I always have a insulated bottle with ice on my nightstand to drink when I get the urge.
  • 5Mack
    5Mack Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Good suggestions everybody, keep 'em coming :)
  • nikky650
    nikky650 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I use to hate having a big meal before I went to bed after a night shift. To combat this i would have "dinner" at 6 in the morning. I would find that by the time I was heading of to bed i would start to get a bit peckish. I found having a warm glass of soy milk just as i headed off to bed would help nick the hunger pangs but i wasn't too full to sleep.