exercise

Options
annajose2loves
annajose2loves Posts: 1 Member
edited July 2015 in Social Groups
I know this is to talk about emotional eating, which I do. But I want to talk about how I want to exercise and I have been saying it and not doing it. Today I started eating healthier and I hate it! I want to eat what I normally eat, I feel hungry, my husband just ate something that smells wonderful but he's not the one with the Wight problem.

Replies

• jlann55
    jlann55 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm a not exercising as I should either, I think about it a lot and I burn a lot of calories in my mind but not in reality lol, my husband can eat anything and not gain an ounce.... but he is so active, I am trying to find healthy alternatives to what I usually eat and finding foods that I can have more of for lower calories so I don't feel deprived..... but my problem is keeping it up..... wish you the best.
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to exercise don't. You don't need to do much exercise to lose weight. It's mainly about the food. Annaose, is your food diary open. You know its possible to eat and lose weight not be hungry. Chances are you have cut calories too severely. As you lose more weight, and closer to goal, it all gets a bit harder and you have to tighten up the type of foods you eat to get more bang for your buck. I don't know what you normally eat but most people who are very overweight eat badly and need to learn how to eat better. But if you don't want it badly enough it probably won't happen. The best way to make it happen is to learn how make foods that you enjoy but which are healthy. Now that might be a challenge to begin with but it can become a fun challenge.

ONe thing that i notice a lot of people struggle with is moderation. Its one thing to limit foods you like but so long as have the power to go and get something you like any time, its pretty hard not to slide back into bad habits.

What i did was take the food that was causing me problems right off the plate. And i put the power or control into the hands of others by the rules i adopted. I had to quit sweets. I ate far too many far too often. Now today I was at a friends house and she offered me a piece of fresh banana cake and it was wonderful. I've been doing this for over a year, nearly a year and a half and i've been through many trials and difficult spots but i have stuck to my rule and rule is fantastic for me.

But in order for me to make this rule, i had to recognise that sweets were a problem and i didn't want them ruling my life anymroe. I didn't want to be fat anymore. You may not be at that stage yet but when you get sick of being overweight, and i mean really fed up wtih it, you should make up some rules for yourself and commit to them.

Some rules i find hard to follow. I can't eat something "only once a day". or once a week or once a month. Its much easier for me to say no i can't buy or make that at all. I did make dessert at christmas and enjoyed one serving of it. But that was christmas and i spent a great deal of time thinking about the whole deal all year. I was determined that christmas wouldn't ruin my year of effort so after i had had lunch, i poritioned out the rest of the pudding to others and got it out of my fridge so I wouldn't be tempted by it. I don't like temptation.

Sorry i've gone on a bit long.
  • jlann55
    jlann55 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    thanks Pattience I think you have some good advice in your blog and encouragement, it really does take some thought to know what to keep off the plate and commitment isn't easy.