killer arms

Options
Hi, so I am 51 & I just got back into weightlifting & I would love to have killer arms. How heavy should I lift, how often, sets, reps, etc....

Replies

• cejaibe
    cejaibe Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    It depends on your body type. When I first started lifting someone told me to try to improve my performance, rather that try to look a certain way. What matters is that you have fun and people will respect you more for your achievements than whether or not you have ripped arms. I have girl friends that lift really heavy, and they aren't leaned out, but they are tough and fierce. A lot about that muscle definition is leaning out, getting low body fat.
  • KiairaKay
    KiairaKay Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I agree with cejaibe regarding having lower body fat. My arms are one of my most challenging areas. I've never had really nice arms so having them now are one of my goals. While I've been noticing more muscles in my arms, it's not easy to see because my arms are still trying to get thinner. I have to tell people to feel my muscles when I flex! Lol So I personally try to keep up my cardio to aid in losing more body fat before I do my lifting. Here's to killer arms!
  • KiairaKay
    KiairaKay Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Also, I've recently started trying to do a routine with hand weights for my arms over the next 30 days to see if I notice a difference. I only do this routine on the days I don't go to the gym.
  • tracymcdonald4358
    tracymcdonald4358 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, love the input, keep it coming and good luck to us all, we can do it!