Hi...

karens1818
karens1818 Posts: 3 Member
edited July 2015 in Social Groups
Hi, my name is Karen. I am 50 years old (51 at the end of August...) and live with my husband and 2 children (6 and 8 years old, yes, they are that young :) ) in NJ. My husband and I just started P90x on Monday, we are following both the workouts and meal plan. So far we are really enjoying it. Some history...my husband (also 50) is generally very strong, athletic and fit, but had shoulder surgery in March and currently needs to get back to his pre-surgery weight and fitness. He is doing the Rugged Maniac this weekend, you couldn't pay me to do that stuff! Well, depends on how much lol. I have been doing a local (and quickly growing) nutrition and fitness program called The Max Challenge for the past three years, but I am stagnating and not really where I want to be at this point. I find I do best with some type of "ordered" clean eating. I have gotten used to and am also a big fan of weekly cheat (at Max we call it "treat" meals), I find it keeps me honest all week long. We decided to try P90x and so far so good! My profile picture was taken on my 50th birthday last summer. I want to get in the best shape and health I can! I love hearing "you're 50 years old????" and need to keep that going, especially with two young children! I need to look like their mother, not their grandmother! Looking forward to making new friends!

Replies

• sweetpeas2022
    sweetpeas2022 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi Karen. My name is Lena. I am also in my 50's with 2 grown-up children. Currently laid up with an ankle injury. I am now on week 6 on cruches. Looking forward to start training again, since I have gained all the weight that I had lost by being couch bound. It's very difficult to try and eat healthy when you're feeling down. I also want to be in better shape as I am getting older. I would love to hear from you.☺