Just saying hello from Kansas. Just now found this amazing Group to join.

Options
ShirleyAC61
ShirleyAC61 Posts: 8 Member
Hi, just found this group. My name is Shirley. I live in Junction City Kansas. I'm excited to keep in contact with others that have a weight problem, but not obesity. I've had Gastro bypass in 2006. I was at 272 pounds. Now I weigh 174. I have a goal to reach the weight of 145. I'm 5 ft. 53/4 inches. I have small thighs and no behind at all. My weight is in the gut and breast. Don't get me wrong I love food, but I have manage to keep a portion controlled. Does not pay to go out to dinner. Always having to bring home 3/4 of my dinner and eating it the next day for lunch. That surgery left me a very small pouch of a stomach. I feel up fast, but I do eat slowly.if I don't I get very up set with my stomach and feel very nauseous. After 38 years of smoking I gave up those cigarettes last year the 15 of November. I did it on my own. No patches, no gum, no medication. Just Cold Turkey !!! So I did gain 35 pounds back. Well food taste so different now without smoking. Wish my Daughter that's 41 and my Son is 42 would stop smoking, but like with eating you have to be ready to make that habit change!!!! So that's the journey I want to be on is being more healthy and help my husband to eat better. His weight is 255 right now. So what I eat he will have to like it and fin for himself. I remember being in a size 24 pants and 3x shirts. Now I wear a size 14 pants and Large shirts. Nice to wear pants that has a button and zipper instead elastic waistbands. I'm a size 38DD in bras. That's why I have to wear Large shirts. Really would like to get some good recipes that don't take all day to make. My husband loves chicken and I do sometimes. Have to be in the mood for it. So looking for chicken recipes. So if any of this Group can pass along some ideals for meal planning I would dearly appreciate it!!! More of my life history some other time, I could write a book.

Replies