Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Water pills while fasting and low carbing?

2»

Replies

• gsp90x
    gsp90x Posts: 416 Member
    Ok. I feel silly.
    What is a water pill?
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    gsp90x wrote: »
    Ok. I feel silly.
    What is a water pill?

Essentially it's another name for diuretics.

• toadqueen
    toadqueen Posts: 592 Member
    edited July 2015
    It is a diuretic that removes excess water from your body. Often prescribed for high blood pressure or chronic heart failure. There are various kinds. Some are harsher on the system than others stripping minerals like potassium and other electrolytes. All the water removal can impact kidney function because they overwork.
  • Jbarnes1210
    Jbarnes1210 Posts: 308 Member
    @Dragonwolf ........ I've been going back and forth debating if I can give up artificial sweeteners in my coffee. Before low carb I was a lil coffee with my cream and sugar type person, so I've come along way using 2 packs a cup. I had the same issue way before I began using Artificial sweeteners, so I doubt that's the cause of the swelling, but I was thinking about giving it up to see if it would help me break through what I think is a stahl.

If dairy is causing the swelling I'm SOL.....that's one item I would really have to fight to give up....