Weight Gain opinions

Options
2»

Replies

• Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    Oh I'm so glad you ditched that sweetener ! I was afraid it was bad for you and hindering your weightloss.
  • toadqueen
    toadqueen Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I keep seeing this thread and reading "Weight Gain Options" instead of "Opinions" and wince. Sorry
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    It's been two days now, scale at 207.8 (4of the 18 gone). Biggest difference is feeling more hip and rib bones again! Lesson learned with this one, for sure! @Janice, thank you so much! :smiley:@toadqueen, lol! Isn't it odd how our brain perceives some things?! I've been wincing my way through this whole process every time I've been on the scale. :smile:
  • jumanajane
    jumanajane Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    So glad you poured it down the drain! Hopefully the gained weight will go the same way! <3
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    It's been two days now, scale at 207.8 (4of the 18 gone). Biggest difference is feeling more hip and rib bones again! Lesson learned with this one, for sure! @Janice, thank you so much! :smiley:@toadqueen, lol! Isn't it odd how our brain perceives some things?! I've been wincing my way through this whole process every time I've been on the scale. :smile:

That's great! I'm glad things are going the right direction again.
    Don't let the scale be a negative experience for you. There will be times it just doesn't move or even creeps up a little bit on you. Try to look at any changes in weight scientifically.
    If it goes down, just like right now, it's because you removed a water retaining item from your diet and now it won't interfere with your efforts. If it goes up, consider the possibilities of natural fluctuations throughout the month or other causes of water retention or could actually be a calories issue, but that won't be such a worry with good tracking.
    The scale goes up and down on us all the time. I hate to think it would cause you any stress if you see it stall or creep up a bit in a few weeks from a natural cause. Just remember, don't panic.
    I recently was teetering on the brink of reaching a milestone goal of under 150 and couldn't wait to get there. I had spent 3 days doing some very strenuous remodeling work on my dads house which left EVERY SINGLE muscle in my body aching for 4 days after the work was done. During that time, my scale was reading almost 5lbs up! Even though I knew it was due to the inflammation of my muscles I was bummed that I had to wait to heal to finally reach my milestone. But I can happily say that level of physical exertion really amped up my loss the following week! I think I need to do something else now.
    Anybody need new floors, paint or trim? Lol