How long does stage 2 take you?

Options
tartsul
tartsul Posts: 298 Member
I am starting stage 2 this evening. I normally do my workouts in the morning, but I like to give myself extra time the first time I do a set of lifts so that I can work on just figuring things out, as well as form. I've heard that stage 2 workouts are a lot longer than stage 1. How long does it take you to do a stage 2 workout? I'm not sure if I'll be able to fit it all in to my 5 AM workout...

Replies

• dixoncrew
    dixoncrew Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    A takes me about 45 minutes and B takes me about an hour but I don't do the HIIT workouts at the end.
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    A takes me about 45 minutes and B takes me about an hour but I don't do the HIIT workouts at the end.
    I've got a few more weeks til Stage 2, but I am curious about the HIIT. I am wanting to incorp some more cadrio now that I am feeling good with where I am at. Right now I have just been adding a good speed rope sessions at the end, but I don't recall seeing anything about HIIT in the book? What HIIT are you doing? Any suggestions? :huh:
  • tartsul
    tartsul Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I've got a few more weeks til Stage 2, but I am curious about the HIIT. I am wanting to incorp some more cadrio now that I am feeling good with where I am at. Right now I have just been adding a good speed rope sessions at the end, but I don't recall seeing anything about HIIT in the book? What HIIT are you doing? Any suggestions? :huh:

the HIIT is mentioned on page 144. it's at the very bottom of the chart and then the next page or two explain more in depth how to do it. looks like the HIIT is only for workout B. that's what i was afraid would put me over on the time, but if people are saying 45 minutes to an hour, that still works out for me.
  • siany01
    siany01 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    It does say in the book that if you want to re introduce some cardio in stage 2 you can and recommends interval training. He does make some suggestions about how to do it and for what time (I know it was 1 min/2min set for 15 mins) but I can't think what he recommends to do it on. I have always done it on the exercise bike so in my mind thats what the book says but I have a niggling feeling it might be running. I know he goes through levels to do it on.

I'll have a flick through tomorrow and see if I can find it.
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I def have to gt my book back out tonight and do some more reading & re-reading! Thanks ladies! :happy: