Friday Night "Treat"

Options
2»

Replies

• sandyyb1
    sandyyb1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    So many more great ideas! I knew I came to the right place... LOVE this place for awesome support!!
  • GlitzArmstrong
    GlitzArmstrong Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Milio's offers lettuce wraps for all their sandwiches. I love the #9! Also at Subway I have asked them to make a sub with no bread. They look at me funny and I'm like ,just pretend the bread is there.
    For the most part I stay away from dairy so eating the top of pizza doesn't work for me.
  • CoconuttyMummy
    CoconuttyMummy Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Giltz wrote: »
    Milio's offers lettuce wraps for all their sandwiches. I love the #9! Also at Subway I have asked them to make a sub with no bread. They look at me funny and I'm like ,just pretend the bread is there.
    For the most part I stay away from dairy so eating the top of pizza doesn't work for me.

Im thinking of cutting out dairy. So far im limiting it and see if that helps. I just have a sneaky suspicion that cheese & cream are slowing down my weightloss. I may be wrong, but i know many people have a problem with dairy, and ive noticed that the days i eat cheese or have cream in my coffee instead of black, usually the scale doesnt move or goes up the next day (even at a calorie deficit). I know the scale is naturally buoyant - even when actively losing weight it may rise then drop then rise then drop - so it could be a coincidence, but its something im watching closely atm. It will annoy me greatly if i have to give up HWC, in particular, but if it hinders weight-loss its a gonner.

Why dont you eat dairy? Is it allergies/sensitivity or a weight-loss issue?

• Teneko
    Teneko Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    My sis makes pizza dip, it's designed for chips but I'm sure a spoon would work too ;)

You layer cream cheese, pizza sauce, shredded mozzarella, and pepperoni in a pie plate and either microwave or bake till all bubbly.

It's delicious!

O_O
    :o
    My goodness. I will have to try that.

-T.
  • GlitzArmstrong
    GlitzArmstrong Posts: 15 Member
    Options

Why dont you eat dairy? Is it allergies/sensitivity or a weight-loss issue?

[/quote]

I have lyme diseaseand have read a lot about people who have lyme doing good with gluten free, dairy free, sugar free diets. I NEVER thought I could do it ,so I never tried- for years. When I decided to eat healthy I realized I was not eating much dairy any way so cut it out. Then was having trouble getting enough calories and Googled and found this way of eating. So glad I did!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Teneko wrote: »
    When my fiance craves pizza, he forgoes any crust entirely and just throws some pepperoni slices and shredded cheese onto a plate and nukes it. :D

-T.

I do this often, and use a little parmesan to soak up the extra fatty goodness. I found a really low carb pasta sauce I just dot the cheese with before the pepperoni goes on! And I don't miss the crust AT ALL. It tastes way better without anything interfering. LOL
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Yiros (or Kebab) pack, whatever you call them in the US. It's just Yiros meat, lettuce, cheese, a bit of onion, and garlic sauce, so a Yiros without the pita bread. That way everyone else can get a burger or yiros or chicken and chips or whatever they want.