New Group--New Challenge

Options
britzzie
britzzie Posts: 341 Member
I could tell you the calorie count of hundreds of foods. Maybe that's why I feel like I don't have to log anymore. Maybe that's how you are too.

Well, it takes 21 days to create (or recreate in our case) a new habit. So today I am committing to logging 100% of what I eat for the next 21 days. It seems daunting. I used to log every bite no big deal. But that is why it is so important that I do it. Who's with me?

Replies

• azmiz
    azmiz Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm in....21 days of honest logging!
  • furniem
    furniem Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    You got this! I have logged in for almost 500 days in a row now. I was on vacation for the last 10 days and did not log food and paid for it on the scale. I logged in every day though.

Most days I prelog what I am eating that day. That way I know what is coming and where I may be going over on sodium or fat and can adjust it before it happens.. Daunting some days? YES! Helped keep me on track? YES!

We can do this!
  • CRichards22
    CRichards22 Posts: 120
    Options
    YES! I'm IN! :smile:

21 days, I will log everything I eat (and drink, wine included) Like I did when I started this and was being successful!

WE CAN DO THIS!!! Great idea.
  • pigote
    pigote Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I log every day but sometimes I wonder why I bother. 600 calories worth of Hershey kisses? Really? FML, lol.
  • 2dayirunforme
    2dayirunforme Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Count me in too!
  • MarshaMole
    MarshaMole Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I am in too.. sigh I will start logging my skittles honestly
  • britzzie
    Options
    You got this! I have logged in for almost 500 days in a row now. I was on vacation for the last 10 days and did not log food and paid for it on the scale. I logged in every day though.

Most days I prelog what I am eating that day. That way I know what is coming and where I may be going over on sodium or fat and can adjust it before it happens.. Daunting some days? YES! Helped keep me on track? YES!

We can do this!

500 days is really amazing! I'm using you as inspiration!!
  • britzzie
    Options
    I log every day but sometimes I wonder why I bother. 600 calories worth of Hershey kisses? Really? FML, lol.

LOL!! Well you look great and based on your ticker, you've hit your goal?! At least you are keeping it real. If I did that I'd just not log it. But no more!!

21 days and more of beastly, relentless logging, here we come.

Day 1---check! I didn't eat enough. Forgot my snack and had a lot going on.
  • SandyConnell
    SandyConnell Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love this challenge...and I need it. I'm queen of snacking on kid's food and anything else that comes my way. I have ten pounds to lose and this is what I should do to finally get rid of ....be honest!
  • LynneAmelia
    Options
    I am IN! had a sick household for around a month, now I dont want to hear any of it LOL. I will log in for the 21 days! I have a deadline, and although I have lost nothing in Kgs, my first 3 weeks I lost very good results in CM's. I have stubborn kgs left, if anyone can help with advice on eating or motivation please do ad me, I need the help... With a month of Sick me and child i have not been that good, but i need to focus now!
  • twoboysnmygirl
    twoboysnmygirl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I am totally in! Today is 335 days since I started my journey logging on MFP and running. I am determined to "finish up my year" strong! I'm committing to logging everything for the next 30 days until I hit my 1 year mark. I have logged every day, but what happens is that I end up slacking with the logging after lunch. I figure I know what the calories are or I indulge and don't feel like adding it in because I know I've gone over. Running has at least kept me maintaining for a while, but I really want to drop a bit more for my 1 year anniversary!

Thanks for starting this group!
  • britzzie
    Options
    Glad to see you are all in. Many of you thanked me for starting this group. You are so welcome!! I must admit it was a bit self-serving! It will help keep me accountable too. I needed this, so I created it. Thank you for being a part of it.

That being said, I don't have any amazing ideas on how to make this a rockin' group, so if you do have some, please let me know!!
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 4,031 Member
    Options
    I log obsessively, so I'm definitely in!
  • mrsappleblossom77
    mrsappleblossom77 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    21 days? In a row? (deep breath) ok. I'm in! Honest logging for the next 21 days!! No more hiding the cookie dough balls I "forgot" I ate!
  • britzzie
    Options

Should be easy for you, then! The rest of us are quivering at the thought! LOL! Maybe you need a tougher challenge?
  • britzzie
    Options
    21 days? In a row? (deep breath) ok. I'm in! Honest logging for the next 21 days!! No more hiding the cookie dough balls I "forgot" I ate!

My thoughts exactly. Here we go!
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 4,031 Member
    Options

Should be easy for you, then! The rest of us are quivering at the thought! LOL! Maybe you need a tougher challenge?

Yes, a tougher challenge at this point would be NOT to log! I have OCD tendencies so I can get way too anal and obsessive about things as a way of feeling in control.
  • twoboysnmygirl
    twoboysnmygirl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Logged every single thing yesterday for the first time in a long while! Felt great! Day 1 down!
  • britzzie
    Options
    Logged every single thing yesterday for the first time in a long while! Felt great! Day 1 down!

Way to go!!
  • Icedcoffee29
    Icedcoffee29 Posts: 139
    Options
    I usually take Fri/Sat off. Let's do it!