Weighed after 6 months

Options
annieboomboom
annieboomboom Posts: 176 Member
I started lc/hf almost 6 months ago. I refused to weigh and torture myself. Years of up and down and up again.

After a number of people in the last 2 days have remarked about how much weight I had lost, I decided to get on the scale. That was my marker, my promise to myself that I made 6 months ago; to wait until it was noticeable by others. I new I had lost a dress size but until I heard it, I wouldn't be sure .

I have lost 11 lbs. Am I disappointed? Surprisingly not. I am under 190 for the first time in 30 years. That is such a major shift that it falls under the "big picture" category.

I don't want to get obsessive about the scale and will work to make it an occasion instead.
I am now fully engaged lc/hf as a lifestyle and if it takes a year to complete the weight loss journey, so be it. I encourage all who are feeling discouraged, to not give up, but to commit fully . It works.

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    That is good work. In my case on LCHF my first 10 pound loss looked more like a 30 pound loss in the past.

I think slow loss rates are the best to help prevent regains especially when we are eating a lifestyle that is for life. I have no carbs that I plan to add back ever.
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    The fact you found your answer to your healthy lifestyle and weight management is awesome

If indeed you get to the sweet spot in a year that is going to mKe you one of the few that do jt

Congrats!
  • GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss, your determination and patience working for you. Keep up with your new lifestyle and you will be golden!
  • wheatlessgirl66
    wheatlessgirl66 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss of weight and dress size! Your patience and perseverance is encouraging. Some of us come along more slowly than others, but it's nice to hear of progress being made. I look forward to seeing your progress!
  • deoxy4
    deoxy4 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Great! How do you feel after 6 months? That is probably more important.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    That's great. Congrats! Sounds like you've mastered this WOE - very motivational for me. :)
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Well done on your perseverance and loss - you should be very proud of yourself.
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Well done! I lost about the same amount in the first 6 months I was on LCHF. Weight came off slowly, but it came off. That's all you need.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I have noticed more NSVs with this woe too. The benefits far outweigh what the scale says!
  • mlinton_mesapark
    mlinton_mesapark Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful news, @annieboomboom! I'd take a dress size loss over a scale loss any day. :-)

I've only been LCHF-ing for two months and change, but my observation has been that people doing this tend to lose weight at a moderate to slow pace over time, but they tighten up and slim down impressively during the same time period. A look through the Before and After thread confirms that. Personally, I feel stronger than ever, certainly stronger than I was 15 lbs lighter than I am today, and almost as lean. My best guess is that this is due to our conserving muscle mass well.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Size trumps weight any day, nobody knows the number but you.
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    You're right, size and how you feel are far more important. I can gain or lose 11lbs in a week.
  • Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Wow Annie. What a great achievement. B)
  • pennell12
    pennell12 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I was just about to post to ask the question "how long does it take?-- I have only been doing LCHF for two weeks (this time around) and I am weighing myself every morning. I keep going up and down in a 5 lb range but not net weight loss. Feeing frustrated! Eating 50-60 carbs a day. Last time I did this a few years ago, lost 10 lbs pretty fast. Anyway, I am happy for your 11 lb loss. Its an achievement!!
  • GaleHawkins
    Options
    I think giving low carb way of eating 6 months is important. @pennell12 I can not get into and stay in ketosis at 60 grams daily. I actually now shot for only 30 grams as a safety margin so I do not actually go over 50 grams.
  • pennell12
    pennell12 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    MY BS are now coming down- under 200 which is not great by any means but better than they were. Trying to stay around 50 carbs right now and increasing exercise.
  • GaleHawkins
    Options
    The nice thing in my view about LCHF is there is no rush to lose weight now. Now that I know HOW to lose weight and keep it OFF going a month I can finally get out of panic mode since the weight trendline is going down and my health trendline is going up.

For the first time that I can remember time is on my side. In my case my health improving permits me to move more which helps the weight go down even more. Just losing 1 pound a month is 12 pounds a year or 120 pounds in 10 years.