What did you pick today?

Options
Furbuster
Furbuster Posts: 254 Member
For the home growers what did you pick today?

0arso1114ipl.jpg
veg.jpg 74.8K

Replies

• giro629
    giro629 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I picked red cabbage, Savoy cabbage, wong bok, pak choi, celery and lettuce. It's winter here in New Zealand so plenty of brassica.
  • giro629
    giro629 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Your veges look delicious btw.
  • Furbuster
    Options
    Thanks - they were :) I love how veggies have different names across the world - never heard chinese cabbage called wong bok before, I had to look it up!

• Furbuster
    Options
    v3fe89nmwzm0.jpg
    pp.jpg 74.3K
  • thisnursewillbehot
    thisnursewillbehot Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    That looks amazing!!!!
  • Furbuster
    Options
    Thanks Sunday is going to be very busy in the kitchen!
  • kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Tomatoes for bruschetta, mustard, kale, spinach and lettuce for salad, green beans and some strawberries and haskap berries for dessert if I find room ☺
  • Furbuster
    Options
    That sounds yummy - I call those haskap things honey berries! I have a bush (planted this year) and it hasn't fruited - I was told it was self fertile - should I get another next year? x
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Mum has been promising blackberries for an age but I think the yellow plums will be ready long before they are.
  • rendress269
    rendress269 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Nothing overly exciting...Tomatoes and string beans today, but they were delish!
  • losergood2011
    losergood2011 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Butter lettuce, Parsley, potatoes (red) Garden isn't doing so hot and only a few raspberries are left. My tomatoes are coming along though!!
  • Furbuster
    Options
    All sounds yummy - love the summer produce :)
  • getup25
    getup25 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    My zucchini is the only thing that is ready at the moment. My lettuce is done. Oh and I have green onions any time I need them.
  • Furbuster
    Options
    I have loads of lettuce too and a bit stuck what to make with them ....
  • faithan84
    faithan84 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    @Furbuster, What are those very small red berries beside your raspberries?
  • Furbuster
    Options
    Redcurrants - you know them?
  • Furbuster
    Options
  • kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Furbuster wrote: »
    That sounds yummy - I call those haskap things honey berries! I have a bush (planted this year) and it hasn't fruited - I was told it was self fertile - should I get another next year? x

I planted two bushes, two years ago... one said it was honey berries, the other said haskap berries. Apparently they are the same family and the leaves look almost the same, although one of the bushes is supposed to get larger in size. The berries themselves are the same oblong shape, but one is a brighter blue and sweeter (think wild blueberry) while the other berry is darker more similar to saskatoons. Sadly I have lost track which is which.

I had berries on both last year, but this year only the bright blue, sweet berries. Nothing on the other bush although it looks healthy. Weird growing year for my area though, much drier than normal, gardens not happy.
  • MyWhole30Journey
    MyWhole30Journey Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Beautiful pics! I picked a few handfuls of cherry tomatoes, a zucchini and yellow squash, a bell pepper and some basil for a pasta salad. Oh, and a few various herbs for the dressing. This past weekend I cleaned my Apricot tree of all the fruit (started to go bad due to extreme humidity), set it up for winter use. I'd say in a few weeks I'll do the same to my Plum Tree. Also, been picking Raspberries every day since July 4th. Have about 8 quarts stored in the freezer. :)
  • Furbuster
    Options
    I'm jealous - I'd love to grow apricots but I'm not sure we have the weather here x