Maybe we should start here...Introduce yourself!!

Options
britzzie
britzzie Posts: 341 Member
My name is Brittany. I'm 28 and from Ohio.

I've been at this for a year and a half. I've lost 75ish pounds and have 31ish to go. I'm so proud of what I've accomplished but also think that my success has made me a little complacent. I'd like to get to my ultimate or near-ultimate goal and then stay there.

One person in the thread I started suggested that while I was losing, I had been a little strict on my diet. She may have been right. I had the obsession and determination of an Olympian. That being said, I have maintained after my loss, not gained a bunch of weight back, so I'm not sure that was such a bad thing. I don't think of foods as good/bad or can/can't eat. It's my choice. But there may be some truth there. I'm just not sure.

Anyway, I love intense workouts. My friends think I'm a little nuts for this. Nighttime eating is what gets me. I'll do great until right before/after dinner and then just eat ridiculously. Weekends also tend to be challenges.

I'm ready to do this though and am so happy that you guys are here to support me and one another. The accountability to one another could be extremely helpful.

Looking forward to hearing about your journeys!

Brittany

Replies

• sailfast23
    sailfast23 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi! I am Amy, from NH.

I am a 30 yr old that let my weight go to embarassing place of 238 at 5'6". I finally snapped out of it and I have lost 80 lbs give or take a couple. Still have a little bit to go. I think I would like to be about 145 or so. Currently I am around 156.

I start about 2 years ago and lost 20lbs on weight watchers and then starting MFP and lost another 60 lbs.

I am now struggling to lose the last 10 or so that I need to get to a healthy weight. I workout daily, watch my calories like a hawk and eat pretty healthy overall. It gets pretty frustrating some days, but I really want to lose the weight for good.

I love to workout, but the food part is much more difficult for me.
  • 2dayirunforme
    2dayirunforme Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Cherie and I'm from Ohio too.

I 'm 44 a wife mother and grandmother. I lost my 16 lbs by setting small goals for myself once I made it to my now weight I realized that's i wanted to go for another 10 lb loss. I think that I have become comfortable with my weight and I think that this also plays a part in my reaching my new goal. I am able to lose a couple lbs but quickly put it back on by eating things that I shouldn't.
  • pigote
    pigote Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Rosie from Michigan. I'm 58. Started at 187, now between 131-135 which is where I want to stay.
    I've got this exercise thing down pat. I now KNOW that I need to move most days of the week. I walk, try to run, golf, do Wii fit, bowl and bike and box
    My issue is dinner time and after. All my old dinner recipe standbys are not good for you. I like to eat out. I suddenly feel the need to shove chocolate in my mouth around 8 or 9 o'clock every night. I need a food intervention I guess, lol.
  • MarshaMole
    MarshaMole Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone, My name is Marsha and I am from Alberta, Canada =).

I am 40 and 5'4" and have lost about 55 pounds this go round. I started at 211 and now am around 156. I started MFP in January and have lost 35 since then.

I am a Jillian Micheals video workout fan.. I have done 90 day body Revolution, 30 day shred and am currently doing 6 week 6 pack. I lost 20 on the Revolution plus over 10 inches and had success on 30 day shred as well.. I need to have a plan after each workout is done so I stay on track. I might be doing P90X next.

I am also to the point people are noticing and I am losing my motivation but I would like to lose at least 20 more if not 25.
  • azmiz
    azmiz Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Lisa from Arizona. I'm 54, recently retired, and decided 2013 would be the year I got into the best shape of my life! I'm 5'5 and my highest weight was 172lbs in 2010. I've been a yo-yo dieter my entire adult life and have tried numerous diets (lifetime member of WW, etc). I weighed 156lbs when I joined MFP in January and my initial goal was 135, which I now weigh. However, I now realize I am not "big-boned" like I always told myself so my ultimate goal is around 125lbs. I haven't been this weight since grade school. This go-around I have been working out 3-5x week (cardio &weights). I have become very complacent in sticking with my calorie limit , primarily due to after dinner snacking. So, it's time to get back on track! We will do this!!
  • britzzie
    Options
    Hi! I am Amy, from NH.

I am a 30 yr old that let my weight go to embarassing place of 238 at 5'6". I finally snapped out of it and I have lost 80 lbs give or take a couple. Still have a little bit to go. I think I would like to be about 145 or so. Currently I am around 156.

I start about 2 years ago and lost 20lbs on weight watchers and then starting MFP and lost another 60 lbs.

I am now struggling to lose the last 10 or so that I need to get to a healthy weight. I workout daily, watch my calories like a hawk and eat pretty healthy overall. It gets pretty frustrating some days, but I really want to lose the weight for good.

I love to workout, but the food part is much more difficult for me.

Hi, Amy! Thanks for joining. Congrats on all of your success so far. MFP was key in mine too. So funny how most of us seem to love the workout and our downfall is food. Welcome!
  • britzzie
    Options
    Hi! My name is Cherie and I'm from Ohio too.

I 'm 44 a wife mother and grandmother. I lost my 16 lbs by setting small goals for myself once I made it to my now weight I realized that's i wanted to go for another 10 lb loss. I think that I have become comfortable with my weight and I think that this also plays a part in my reaching my new goal. I am able to lose a couple lbs but quickly put it back on by eating things that I shouldn't.

Hi, Cherie!! I do that too. Lose a few gain a few. Two steps forward, two steps back! You sure can rock a bikini though! I hope you are proud of that! We'll get there!
  • britzzie
    Options
    Hi, I'm Rosie from Michigan. I'm 58. Started at 187, now between 131-135 which is where I want to stay.
    I've got this exercise thing down pat. I now KNOW that I need to move most days of the week. I walk, try to run, golf, do Wii fit, bowl and bike and box
    My issue is dinner time and after. All my old dinner recipe standbys are not good for you. I like to eat out. I suddenly feel the need to shove chocolate in my mouth around 8 or 9 o'clock every night. I need a food intervention I guess, lol.

Congrats on being where you want to be, Rosie!! Nighttime is what gets me too. If it were up to me, I wouldn't keep junk in the house. But I guess other people live here that can control themselves lol. I find that brushing my teeth really helps. Also, I get up at 4:30am to workout, so 9pm is kind of my bedtime!
  • britzzie
    Options

I am 40 and 5'4" and have lost about 55 pounds this go round. I started at 211 and now am around 156. I started MFP in January and have lost 35 since then.

I am a Jillian Micheals video workout fan.. I have done 90 day body Revolution, 30 day shred and am currently doing 6 week 6 pack. I lost 20 on the Revolution plus over 10 inches and had success on 30 day shred as well.. I need to have a plan after each workout is done so I stay on track. I might be doing P90X next.

I am also to the point people are noticing and I am losing my motivation but I would like to lose at least 20 more if not 25.

Hi, Marsha!! Amazing loss so far! I also loooove Jillian. I started doing her videos before I could actually even manage a burpee. (I would 'jump rope' instead) Have you tried Blast Fat, Boost Metabolism or No More Trouble Zones? BFBM could be really great for you. It's a lot of plyo, so craaaaazy calorie burn. I'm doing Insanity now, and I love it. Welcome!
  • britzzie
    Options
    Hi, I'm Lisa from Arizona. I'm 54, recently retired, and decided 2013 would be the year I got into the best shape of my life! I'm 5'5 and my highest weight was 172lbs in 2010. I've been a yo-yo dieter my entire adult life and have tried numerous diets (lifetime member of WW, etc). I weighed 156lbs when I joined MFP in January and my initial goal was 135, which I now weigh. However, I now realize I am not "big-boned" like I always told myself so my ultimate goal is around 125lbs. I haven't been this weight since grade school. This go-around I have been working out 3-5x week (cardio &weights). I have become very complacent in sticking with my calorie limit , primarily due to after dinner snacking. So, it's time to get back on track! We will do this!!

It is so admirable that you decided to get healthy after retirement. So glad to hear that you are in great shape now!! Yes! We can do this! We have proven that we know how, we just have to choose it.
  • MarshaMole
    MarshaMole Posts: 142 Member
    Options

Hi, Marsha!! Amazing loss so far! I also loooove Jillian. I started doing her videos before I could actually even manage a burpee. (I would 'jump rope' instead) Have you tried Blast Fat, Boost Metabolism or No More Trouble Zones? BFBM could be really great for you. It's a lot of plyo, so craaaaazy calorie burn. I'm doing Insanity now, and I love it. Welcome!

I haven't tried any of the others yet ..they are on my to get list =) I have a little more time in summer(I drive school bus) to exercise so will try P90X then get the shorter JM videos for when I start driving again in the fall I started L2 of 6W6P and found it to be harder than level 1 lol..but I lost over 3 inches in 3 weeks in the first half so hope to lose that and more in the second half =)
  • QnBe
    QnBe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    My name is Kim and I am from Cincinnati. I'm 51 yrs. old and retired.
    Long story-short...five years ago I was 236 lbs. at 5' 6". I now weigh between 165 and 157 lbs. size 10-12.
    I've been logging with MFP for a few months now and love it. I've lost most of my weight through watching what I eat and getting my workout on at least 5 days a week. I do a variety of routines which include but are not limited the following: twice weekly - hot yoga at 75 minutes per session. Spinning - one hot for 45 minutes and one regular session at 55 minutes, weight training once weekly and running twice a week on treadmill and outside two miles each session which usually takes about 35 minutes. Lastly, swimming once a week - 24 laps which usually takes about 20 -25 minutes to accomplish. All that, and I cannot get this last 10-12 lbs. off and it's really starting to piss me off which causes me to eat more! Then, I spend the rest of the week fixing my diet only to get to the weekend and blow it all over again.
    Need some encouragement from someone outside my immediate family and friends because no one is on this journey with me and no one understands that I never ever want to be a size 20 ever again!:sad:
  • twoboysnmygirl
    twoboysnmygirl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    My name is Karen and I'm 40 years old. I have been overweight my entire life, my highest was 263. I joined MFP in July 2012 and have lost about 40-42 pounds (it keeps fluctuating, exactly why I joined this group!) and I still think I could lose another 20 or 30 pounds. I'm 185ish now, depending on if I've had a good day. I'm a runner and training for my first half marathon, which has saved me from gaining anything back that I have lost, but also makes me HUNGRY, so it's a double edge sword!

My 1 year MFP Anniversary is in 30 days and I would love to finish up my year on a positive note, so I'm back to logging every single thing. I run 3-4 times a week but I need to cross train more b/c I'm prone to injury because I push too hard with my running. I adore it though and really don't care for cross training, so I'm challenging myself to do more of it as well!
  • britzzie
    Options
    Hi,
    My name is Kim and I am from Cincinnati. I'm 51 yrs. old and retired.
    Long story-short...five years ago I was 236 lbs. at 5' 6". I now weigh between 165 and 157 lbs. size 10-12.
    I've been logging with MFP for a few months now and love it. I've lost most of my weight through watching what I eat and getting my workout on at least 5 days a week. I do a variety of routines which include but are not limited the following: twice weekly - hot yoga at 75 minutes per session. Spinning - one hot for 45 minutes and one regular session at 55 minutes, weight training once weekly and running twice a week on treadmill and outside two miles each session which usually takes about 35 minutes. Lastly, swimming once a week - 24 laps which usually takes about 20 -25 minutes to accomplish. All that, and I cannot get this last 10-12 lbs. off and it's really starting to piss me off which causes me to eat more! Then, I spend the rest of the week fixing my diet only to get to the weekend and blow it all over again.
    Need some encouragement from someone outside my immediate family and friends because no one is on this journey with me and no one understands that I never ever want to be a size 20 ever again!:sad:

Welcome, Kim!! Your workout routine makes me jealous! I would love to change it up all the time like that. I understand what you are going through, feeling, and have felt. Let's get there together!!
  • britzzie
    Options
    My name is Karen and I'm 40 years old. I have been overweight my entire life, my highest was 263. I joined MFP in July 2012 and have lost about 40-42 pounds (it keeps fluctuating, exactly why I joined this group!) and I still think I could lose another 20 or 30 pounds. I'm 185ish now, depending on if I've had a good day. I'm a runner and training for my first half marathon, which has saved me from gaining anything back that I have lost, but also makes me HUNGRY, so it's a double edge sword!

My 1 year MFP Anniversary is in 30 days and I would love to finish up my year on a positive note, so I'm back to logging every single thing. I run 3-4 times a week but I need to cross train more b/c I'm prone to injury because I push too hard with my running. I adore it though and really don't care for cross training, so I'm challenging myself to do more of it as well!

Hi, Karen!! You have made some great accomplishments!! Half marathon??? That's incredible. But I know, you still have more to go! That's why we're all here--to push through to the finish together!
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 4,031 Member
    Options
    I'm Jane and I'm 48 years old and have been overweight my whole life. I've lost 30kg (66lbs) since August 2012 and I have about another 17kg to go.

I too am totally obsessed and disciplined. I'm eating at
    maintenance calories this week because I haven't seen a drop for 3 weeks (in fact I'm 0.8kg UP) and hoping to kickstart the final phase from next week onwards.
  • rnprincess
    rnprincess Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Lisa from TN!

I have been overweight my entire life, and will be turning the big 50 this year! I am 5'6 and have always exercised to some extent, but I had allowed my usual high weight to balloon up and hit my highest in 2011 when I first joined MFP. I logged everything and got off over 30 pounds and then stopped logging, I maintained my weight loss for over a year which was a major accomplishment.

Health problems, made me decide I needed to have weight loss surgery to get the push that I needed, my doctor would not approve it because in her words "you can do this without the surgery which has it's own risks". So in December I started a new program, I met with a board certified bariatrician (A physician who specializes in medical weight loss and obesity) to determine if there was anything physically that stopped me from losing weight, I met with a dietician, and an exercise physiologist. I started logging into MFP again and have managed to lose over 40 pounds since December.

My health is much improved, I am getting compliments, I feel good, I can fit in my wedding dress from 1984, so I have fallen off my game a bit. NO weight loss in the past month, so this group is great for me-as I still have 50 pounds to go.
  • mrsappleblossom77
    mrsappleblossom77 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Jennifer and I am 36 from Illinois. I was that skinny girl everyone loved to hate when I was a kid. I could eat anything I wanted and never gain an ounce. I once ate a large pizza by myself in college...stayed 120lbs. That all changed after I got married and got a desk job and then pregnant. I struggled after my son was born to lose weight. My doctor thought I was depressed so she put me on antidepressants twice. Both times I gained 30lbs. Unbeknownst to my doctor, I wasn't depressed, I had a benign brain tumor growing! At my heaviest I got up to 200.0 lbs (3 years ago) After getting off the antidepressants I was able to lose about 10lbs a year getting down to 170 right before I had brain surgery last September. Going through such a traumatic medical experience like that made me take a long hard look at my life. I started eating better and exercising more. I am currently at 152 (5'4") and I seem to be stuck. I really related to the original forum post because I feel like I look better, dropped a size, people are noticing, etc. So why not just stay where I am? Because like you, I am still not in a healthy BMI. I want to be healthy, but I am having a hard time turning that desire into motivation. Thanks for letting join you on this journey!
  • Icedcoffee29
    Icedcoffee29 Posts: 139
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm Sarah. I have lost just about 60lbs, August 2nd will make 1 yr of my journey. I have been stuck at my current weight since JANUARY! I recently started using a personal trainer and I am finally seeing the scale move a little bit. I have about 30ish more lbs to lose.

I run and lift. I work out consistently. I do think I have gotten a little more lax than before, but I am working on that. Thanks for the add!
  • Queen_Adrock
    Queen_Adrock Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hi y'all! I'm Diana. I'm 29, born in and raised outside of Washington, D.C., but have been living in Edmonton, Canada for the last 6 years. Librarian by day, couch potato by night. The heaviest I had gotten was 186 (I'm 5'5) before I decided to nip it in the bud. Joined MFP in April 2012, lost 36 pounds in 8 months, and then realized I have a lot of confidence and feel good at 150. So I stopped there. I know I'd be healthier at 140, and can try on anything at that weight and look great. It's just so hard to care about those last 10 pounds when I'm happy with the way things fit, happy with the way I look in photos, and my husband thinks I look great and am doing awesome. Where's the motivation when my brain keeps telling me "Meh, good enough"?