Week 6 Check-In: Week of July 13, 2015

Options
CatAlii
CatAlii Posts: 87 Member
Week 6 Check-In: Week of July 13, 2015
Good morning everyone! I'll be back to check-in later this morning. :)

Welcome to Week 6 of 12 Weeks, 20 lbs, a group of people supporting and encouraging each other in our journey to better health in 12 week increments. The idea behind this group is, by setting smaller more attainable goals (20 pounds in 12 weeks), we will be more likely to succeed at our long term goals. We started this 12 week cycle on June 8, 2015 but feel free to jump in any time!

By checking in each week, we can assess which goals and resolutions are working, which aren’t, and improve them for the next week. Thank you so much for being a part of this group. Here's to reaching our 12 week goals! Have a wonderful week. :smiley:

To get started, copy and paste the four items below in your post:
Weight loss goal for the 12 weeks:
Net weight loss this week/Net weight loss from June 8th:
Weekly victories:
Goals for this week/Areas I can improve:

Replies

• JMRod
    JMRod Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    So, my nearly 2 week vacation did not do me any favors in terms of loss. Despite 27+ miles of walking, I gained.
    Weight loss goal for the 12 weeks: 20 pounds
    Net weight loss this week/Net weight loss from June 8th: +2/-.8
    Weekly victories: Getting my water intake back up and making better food choices.
    Goals for this week/Areas I can improve: Get back to gym

I'm still hoping to get to 20 pounds by the end but it is always so hard when weight gain happens. It is defeating! But, back to what I know needs to happen and NO EXCUSES!
  • SIERRANV1
    SIERRANV1 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Weight loss goal for the 12 weeks: 15-20#'s
    Weigh in this week: 202.8/Start weight 207.2 =total loss of -4.2
    Weekly victories: Returned to the gym & getting into the groove again :) ~
    Goals for this week/Areas I can improve: Staying on track and mindful of my food choices this week. "I believe in my future self & I'll eat to nourish her strength" <3
    I want to break through the 200# barrier, and into the 190#'s, once and for all~Our coastal vacation is coming up in 2 weeks, and I really want to focus on having control over my choices & decisions when it comes to my health and nutrition so that I do not loose momentum once I go on vacation.
  • N_Laplante
    N_Laplante Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Weight loss goal for the 12 weeks: 20 lbs
    Net weight loss this week/Net weight loss from June 8th: -3.6/-14.4
    Weekly victories: stuck to counting all my calories and made better choices.
    Goals for this week/Areas I can improve: managed to get in cardio this week but still having trouble getting some strength training in. Time to pump some iron!
  • CatAlii
    CatAlii Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Net weight loss this week/Net weight loss from June 8th: +2.5 lbs/-4 lbs
    Weekly victories: Lots of exercise
    Goals for this week/Areas I can improve: Track after each meal, better food choices, stick to my caloric goals.

I knew last week's 3.5 lb loss had to be water but it still felt crappy to see the 2.5 gain this week. I'll keep plugging along! The weeks that I exercise the most I have a much tougher time losing, probably because the exercising makes me hungrier. But even the weeks that I've exercised a lot AND stayed with my caloric range I still have a tough time losing vs the weeks that I don't exercise as much. I just have to have faith that, in the long term, the exercise will help the weight come off. I obviously want to be healthy more than I want to weigh a certain # on the scale so of course I'll keep exercising, but I just thought it was an interesting observation.
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Net weight loss this week/Net weight loss from June 8th: +1.6 lbs/ -6.4 total @ 178.6 lbs
    Weekly victories: None
    Goals for this week/Areas I can improve: I need to get out of this funk that i am in.

This was not a good week for me. I don't feel like I over ate in fact i didn't go over my calories. I am up from last week and up 2 pounds from my lowest so far. I know it doesn't sound like a lot but I just feel defeated. I thought i felt defeated in the past at times but this time it's hitting me hard. I am tired of always worrying about what i am eating and I am moving enough. I need to snap out of this but i am scared that i can't. This is the worst i felt this past year. Have even be slowing down my gym visits and today again i don't feel like going and have decided not to go. I hope i figure this out quickly and start moving the weight back down. :(:'(