Changing up post swim breakfast

Options
fishgutzy
fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
I decided it was time to cut out the processed protein bars I have been eating after my 4 miles swim for breakfast.
This will be my new breakfast.
A spicy breakfast egg salad.
3 eggs, hard boiled
2 TBS of the best mayo in the world, Duke's Mayo (one of the benefits of living south of the Mason-Dixon)
Chopped habañero and chopped jalapeño
42g of good fat and 21g of protein. No carbs.

Replies

• wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    You might be interested in DarthLuiggi's TKD protocol:

http://www.reddit.com/r/ketogains/comments/1z9jv1/the_tkd_experiment/

Fat should generally be avoided in a post-workout meal. First and foremost, dietary fat will slow digestion of protein and/or carbohydrate. Second, the consumption of dietary fat when insulin levels are high may cause fat storage after training (1)
    1. Conley M and Stone M. Carbohydrate ingestion/supplementation for resistance exercise and training. Sports Med (1996) 21: 7-17
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    He lost me at Creatine. That is not some I would ever use again. All it does is bloat the muscles with water. Once you stop taking it, muscles return to natural size.
    But I get the fat stuff. I can always switch it up for coconut oil since we always have that in the house.

The only thing I consume before the 4 mile swim is one scoop of Combat protein powder. Only have about 40 minutes from the time I wake up until I am in the pool. Still have plenty of 'stored energy' to burn off :)