Start Here

Dragonwolf
Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
edited November 2015 in Social Groups
You've just been diagnosed with PCOS, or you've had the diagnosis for a while and are now starting to do something about it, but don't know where to start. You've come to the right place. Start here to find answers to common questions and find information on getting started down the path of healing.

This is currently a running list of resources and will be updated periodically, so be sure to check back every so often!

Dragon's Posts

In the near-decade I've been dealing with PCOS, I've done a lot of research and shared a lot here. There are a few things that I ended up repeating over and over again, so I started a blog dedicated to what I've learned and to provide a single place to point people to for the things I kept repeating. Here are some of the most pertinent posts.
  • So You Have PCOS -- Reassurance for those recently diagnosed, or diagnosed in the past and told "good luck."
  • A Diet For PCOS -- My recommendations for a way of eating that supports healing and helps address the underlying hormonal imbalances of PCOS.

External Resources: Blogs, Podcasts, etc

There are a number of good blogs and podcasts out there. Here are a few. (Note: many have programs, books, or other things they sell, and some push these things harder than others, to the point that some members have expressed concern over newcomers feeling obligated to purchase these things. They aren't required, though, so don't feel like you have buy what they're selling in order to succeed at managing your PCOS.)
  • PCOS Challenge -- It's a group and a podcast. The podcast is available to non-members, though the community features require an account. A lot of good resources for other things, too.
  • PCOS Diva -- One of the most recommended sites. She is a bit pushy about the stuff she sells, but there's still a ton of great information.
  • Paleo For Women -- She treated her PCOS with the Paleo diet. Also a great resource on self-love and self-acceptance, which are vital to dealing with PCOS without going crazy. Her approach may also be useful for you if you find you do better on higher carbohydate levels (she recommends in the 100-200g range).

Internal Resources

The group archives have a bunch of great stuff, but it's really hard to search through them. Here are some:
This discussion has been closed.