July Challenge - 7/18 thread

Options
retirehappy
retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
My challenges for July:
For exercise:
Biking, I do like to bike, I know it can help me lose weight, I will go for a ride at least once a week.
Have made a date to go riding later today, once the temps cool down a tad bit.

Continue using the dumbells at home AND use the machines at the fitness center at least once a week.
Using the at home stuff ok. I have talked with a fitness instructor who does training on the machines, I will be doing a couple of private sessions with her, she was on vacation this week. So nothing on the machines this week, but hopefully going forward I can report a better result.

Eating:
Stick with the EM2LW program. I should be at the level where I can continue to cut by the end of July, if I don't mess it up :)
I think I will indeed be ready to start a cut by the end of July. I can tell I am getting near the top of my TDEE and next week I will go up another 100 calories to 2250.
Continue the eat more slowly effort, it is working, and my husband loves reminding me so very much, how can I deprive him of that enjoyment ;)
This is starting to just be how I eat now. I do keep the sign by my plate as a reminder and hubby is more than happy to remind me when we are eating out. I got this!

Replies

• sharondtd
    sharondtd Posts: 549 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Yes, you got this!
    Meditation each day, +check
    Five miles in steps each day. Off one day but made it up.
    Weight train alternate days with dumbbells, +
    150 minutes cardio per week, +
    Cream the crepey skin, +
    That word doesn't look right. How do you spell the adjective for crepe ?
  • DreamOn145
    DreamOn145 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I freely admit that the 9 days dh was off were simply a walk down noncompliance road lol. But the good thing is that as soon as he went back to work I was immediately back in here and in just a few days I am back on track and happy to be there!

This week I am going to start doing a good workout in the morning before I get involved in other things. I am also going, as soon as I leave this group, to the group Retire told me about.

Oh, and life does hand us curves. One good/bad thing that has happened is that we are pretty sure dh has become lactose intolerant. Giving up milk on his cereal has made a huge difference in his digestive problems. So I have dragged out a book I bought a few years ago and saved as one of those things I will do when I retire. It's a book on how to make vegan cheese. I might take a little foray into it and see what happens.
  • sharondtd
    sharondtd Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    @DreamOn145 saw milk free cheese at Haggen yesterday, but the make your own sounds great. So much fun, too.
  • DreamOn145
    Options
    Oh my! Retire I just spent and hour or so looking through the information the group led me to. It's amazing how something can be right in front of you, in this case all that you have been talking about with TDEE and BMR, for quite some time and you do not let it into your sphere of awareness until you are ready to absorb it. This is HUGE! And I find myself very intrigued by it. lol
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Almond based cheddar cheese is really enjoyable. My sister is lactose intolerant, so I have tried a lot of the alternative stuff. Coconut milk has become a staple at my house too.
  • bvifun
    bvifun Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Well I am really late checking in but am just slowly coming out of a flare up.
    I did get 3 walks in last week before I could no longer do anything. I had to walk as DH took a stick to the eye and could not do anything and the dogs needed walking. DH took me down to the ocean on Sunday so that was my first activity in over 4 days.
  • DreamOn145
    Options
    I have a book called Artisan Vegan Cheese that is in the stack of things I have named "Things I am going to tackle once I retire" lol I am now slowly reading it and then going to tackle my first cheese. lol