My Takeaways from the Original Forum Post

Options
britzzie
britzzie Posts: 341 Member
Here is the link to the original post if you want to wade through it!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1020694-77-down-30-to-go-but-i-feel-like-i-ve-lost-it

I condensed the info in the original post here. You may like these ideas or not. Use them all or don't use any of them. It's up to you!! I found some stuff I already do/have done, some stuff I will do, and some I won't. Here ya go!!

~There are A LOT of us in this boat.

~Why?? I think we get here because we get burnt out on counting and because we feel we've been pretty successful so far and lose what originally drove us to take on such a challenge. We may also get a bit complacent with where we are at. Hey, it's better than where we were, right?

~Perhaps when I am logging and "eating right," my calories are too low and my diet to restrictive, which only sets me up for failure and also makes me want to rebel against my plan and eat spoonfuls of peanut butter and deep fried foods dipped in creamy sauces. : )

~A couple people questioned why, if I am so happy with where I am at, I want to lose 30 more pounds. Well...yes I am happy. But I weigh 202 pounds. I have 30 pounds to lose. Don't let anyone else tell you what your goals should be. If you want it, and it is a medically and mentally healthy goal, go for it. Just because you're happy, doesn't mean you're THERE. I know a lot of happy, unhealthy people.

SO WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO ABOUT IT??? (IDEAS FROM THE FORUM)

~Set small goals and reward yourself along the way. (This is actually something I did while I was losing before. After I got under the next interval of 5 ie: 224, 219, 214 etc. I gave myself some small reward like coloring my hair or a new workout top.Worked like a charm. I'm going to do this again.)

~Set a big reward for your goal weight. (Not sure I will do this one. Money is tight. But I like it!)

~Plan, track, and measure your food. (We all know this but a great reminder.)

~Change up your workouts. (I do this all the time anyway!)

~Quote from RHSheetz:

"SO, I set a new goal, and backed it up with pictures in my mind of where I want to be. I want to turn heads at the pool, in a good way. I want to be the old guy who young guys wish they were. I want to have unlimited energy, and that has become my new drive.

When you see your destination, you start slowing down and letting things sidetrack you, set a new destination. What do you REALLY want, and what are you willing to do to hit that goal!

Go for it, and BE HEALTHY. You can do it, and you deserve it!"

Couldn't have said it better myself.

~Eat the things you love and log them. Don't deprive yourself. A cheat meal in moderation (not a binge) is perfectly fine. It does not, however, give us permission to go off the chain for an entire day or (gasp!) a week. Come back. Immediately.

~Quote from aidasmom0615:

"I had to backup and regroup to figure out what I really wanted and that was to be strong and healthy. I'm not allowed to buy the items I can't control myself with. I still binge on occasion, but I've set a goal for myself that I will be within 100 calories of goal on the weekends and changed up my workout. My food scale is my best friend, and I no longer eyeball ANYTHING portion wise.

Bottom line, you have to decide that you're (still) worth more than where you got comfortable.

Good is the enemy of great!"

~Thanks, Suzbaru!

"1. Change your ticker tape on MFP.

You are past the halfway point and yeah it's great to see how far you've come. Although, now you have a new (smaller) goal and it's time to let go of the past (because you aren't going back there again) and move towards your next goal.

Apps > Ticker > Update starting weight (make it your current) > Update goal weight

You can change it back at anytime to show how far you've come overall.

I have been "stuck" recently because I hit my halfway mark, I'm almost into 12's and my husband said I have a small butt again.

(I AM TOTALLY DOING THIS!!)

2. Hang up a piece of goal clothing.

I was getting complacent until I tried on my favorite dress that still doesn't fit. So I washed the dress, put it on a hanger and it sits above my desk. Every time I sit to log exercise/calories or play candy crush it reminds me of my next (ultimate) goal.

3. Try to stock the fridge with the food you first starting eating when you were "changing your lifestyle" was it yogurt, fruit, veggies? Try going back to them again. Do you still snack on say almonds or has almonds changed to peanut butter?"

~Finally, this post from NBSfit:

"You aren't tracking regularly, but on the days you are tracking, it seems as though you are eating very little food for your size and activity level, which absolutely brings on cravings that are nigh impossible to deny.

More than likely, you need to eat more food. Food to fuel you day and your workouts. Eating less isn't the answer in your situation. I know it's scary, but it's true. I understand because I've been there. http://nbsfit.com/nutrition/weight-loss-isnt-always-about-eating-less-and-exercising-more"

(I've thought that maybe this is true and am going to look into it more. It's a scary thought to move away from what worked before, but I'm truly considering it. Time will tell.)

Good luck!! Comments and new ideas always welcome!!

Replies

• twoboysnmygirl
    twoboysnmygirl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Thanks for condensing it all!

I totally get the money-tight thing with goals! I would love to set a big goal treat for myself, but I know that I probably won't have the money for it, so I don't set it. Need to find a way to set a reward that isn't expensive! :)
  • 2dayirunforme
    2dayirunforme Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great info!
  • Icedcoffee29
    Icedcoffee29 Posts: 139
    Options
    Thanks!! I think the burn out is a big one for me.
  • Queen_Adrock
    Queen_Adrock Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Good call! I think I'm going to start logging on the weekends again. I know, you're all aghast that I'm not, but I slipped off the wagon and said "Meh, I'm good for 5 days, so might as well take two days off." Well no wonder I'm stalled!
  • britzzie
    britzzie Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Good call! I think I'm going to start logging on the weekends again. I know, you're all aghast that I'm not, but I slipped off the wagon and said "Meh, I'm good for 5 days, so might as well take two days off." Well no wonder I'm stalled!

I do the same thing! But no more. 21 day logging challenge!! Day 2 complete!
  • hayles333
    hayles333 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Oh man...you're absolutely right about changing the ticker/goal. I haven't wanted to do that because I'm proud of how far I've come...but maybe that mindset is precisely what's holding me back!? Maybe I've grown complacent because I figure I've almost reached my goal and that is somehow good enough!? Wow. You seriously just blew my mind, lol! Going to change the ticker now! Thanks!