2nd time bride at 43?

Options
amack00
amack00 Posts: 5 Member
hello everyone, I've joined this group just to check in and say hi. I turn 43 on 8/19, and after a harrowing divorce a few years ago, I find myself a bride re second time around. Of course I'm 20 years older and 50 pounds heavier than the last time! I'm getting married in less than 90 days, and while I don't have the stress of a first timer, I do worry about those stupid pictures... I'm doing orange theory and FItness pal, and hopefully I can at least feel good about how I look. I weigh 181 as of today. Realistically, I can't lose more than 15 pounds by 10/10, but I can look more toned and feel great. Thanks for your support!!

Replies

• radicalchanges
    radicalchanges Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Make some good lasting habits in your eating and it will come off. Best wishes in your new marriage. On my second also with some real bumps here and there but still happy with my choice
  • amack00
    Options
    Thank you so much for the encouragement! You hang in there too!
  • mmiele14
    mmiele14 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    just got married for the second time in April at age 46. Congrats and best wishes. Just making a healthier choice everyday is one step in the right direct!
  • traci9028
    traci9028 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hello. I remarried four years ago, at age 41, also after a horrible divorce over a decade ago. I'm in the same boat - much heavier and older now but found a fabulous guy. I still struggle with the weight but I've accepted that I need to eat healthier, one day at a time. If I focus too big, I slip and have to start over. Your goal sounds very attainable and what better event to get in shape for than your wedding. I wish you much happiness. Know that there are lots of great people to support you here. Just look for people looking for similar goals and you can help each other. Hope this helps!!!
  • amack00
    Options
    Thank you both for your support!
  • merchantmarine
    merchantmarine Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am going through a divorce right now, I used to weigh 265 and started using MFP soon after. It does work if you stick to it and choose fruits, vegetables, and low fat options. The walking / running really helped me to shed 45 lbs.