Week 7 Check-In: Week of July 20, 2015

Options
CatAlii
CatAlii Posts: 87 Member
Week 7 Check-In: Week of July 20, 2015
Good morning everyone! I'll be back to check-in later this morning. :)

Welcome to Week 7 of 12 Weeks, 20 lbs, a group of people supporting and encouraging each other in our journey to better health in 12 week increments. The idea behind this group is, by setting smaller more attainable goals (20 pounds in 12 weeks), we will be more likely to succeed at our long term goals. We started this 12 week cycle on June 8, 2015 but feel free to jump in any time!

By checking in each week, we can assess which goals and resolutions are working, which aren’t, and improve them for the next week. Thank you so much for being a part of this group. Here's to reaching our 12 week goals! Have a wonderful week. :smiley:

To get started, copy and paste the four items below in your post:
Weight loss goal for the 12 weeks:
Net weight loss this week/Net weight loss from June 8th:
Weekly victories:
Goals for this week/Areas I can improve:

Replies

• JMRod
    JMRod Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Weight loss goal for the 12 weeks: 20 pounds
    Net weight loss this week/Net weight loss from June 8th: 1 pound / 3.8 pounds
    Weekly victories: Being able to drop one pound without exercise. I have had a hard time getting back to the gym. I am enjoying my last "summer off" before I retire at the end of this school year. My retirement plan is to be retired one full school year and then decide if I want to find a new job.
    Goals for this week/Areas I can improve:
    Since the gym is not looking promising, I will try to get in some pool time in the evening and/or running. This is when I wish I was a morning person to get it done early before the heat, but I have tried to do morning workouts without success.
  • SIERRANV1
    SIERRANV1 Posts: 206 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Weight loss goal for the 12 weeks:10-15#'s
    Weigh in this week: 206.8/Start weight 207.2 =total loss of -0.4
    Weekly victories: Returned to the gym & getting into the groove again :) ~
    Goals for this week/Areas I can improve: Goodness I do so well all week long, with continued weigh loss then comes the weekend~ :# I need to really get a handle on the weekend and not continue to lose my momentum in which I work so hard all week long to obtain..............Honestly do great until the weekend comes around~
    I want to break through the 200# barrier, and into the 190#'s~
  • CatAlii
    CatAlii Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Weight loss goal for the 12 weeks: 20 lbs
    Net weight loss this week/Net weight loss from June 8th: 0 lbs/4 lbs
    Weekly victories: I guess my main victory is that I didn't gain any weight this week, ugh.
    Goals for this week/Areas I can improve: Need to stick to tracking no matter what kind of day I'm having; had a terrible week and didn't even remember to log in a couple days. There goes my great streak!

Where is everybody?? JMRod and Sierra, I'm so happy to see you here. I would have been so sad to check in by myself and I'm so sorry to be late.

JMRod - congratulations on your upcoming retirement and your 1 lb loss this week!

Sierra - I'm so proud of you, you are so close to breaking that barrier! Think about how that will feel when you're tempted to lose your momentum over the weekend. I know you can do it!

I'm guessing I should revise my goal to 10 lbs. Which brings me to another question - would you all like to continue the group/start a similar one when these 12 weeks are over. We can vote on our goal for the next 12 weeks - I was thinking 10 pounds. Let me know if that is something you'd be interested in - I've enjoyed getting to know you and the support has helped tremendously.

Have a great week everyone!
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Weight loss goal for the 12 weeks: 20 lbs
    Net weight loss this week/Net weight loss from June 8th: +2.6/ -3.8 total @ 181.2lbs
    Weekly victories: None
    Goals for this week/Areas I can improve: I need to get out of this funk that i am in. With sad news this week,My Son's wedding has been cancelled with only 3 months to go, which was one of my driving forces to lose weight. I found myself eating out of depression. I am so sad for him. His heart has been broken. I know i can't let this mess with my mind but its been really hard. My goal to move forward and refocus with getting to 100 pound loss.
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    @CatAlii i am in with going forward, this group means a lot. I agree with a smaller goal i like the #10 number.
  • SIERRANV1
    SIERRANV1 Posts: 206 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Cat~please count me in as well & thank you for the encouraging words!
    Vera~I hope the clouds are beginning to move away from you and your son.