Goals

Options
wbandel
wbandel Posts: 530 Member
I don't know about everyone else, but now that I'm getting close to my "final goal" I'm looking at tweaking it. How have you all decided on your goals? Anyone change them once they met their original goals? Feel free to share what your goals are and how you came about them.

As for me, I've never weighed a healthy weight as an adult before, so coming up with a goal was a bit challenging as I didn't have previous experience of what felt the best. For now I'm aiming for the middle range of "healthy" bmi plus about 10lbs to account for my having a "large frame". However, now that I've lost weight, I seem to be more of a medium/large frame, so I'm thinking about lowering my goal so it's closer to the regular middle ground for my height. I'm also thinking about completely forgetting bmi and now focusing on bodyfat %.

Replies

• helyg
    helyg Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    My first goal was 12st (168lbs) because I couldn't imagine weighing any less than that. I weighed 13st (182lbs) before having my three children, so I thought a stone less than that would be a pretty ambitious goal when I was starting at 15st (210lbs).

I reached that goal last November, and straight away set a new one. The next logical step was to try for the top end of the healthy BMI range, which for my height (5'6") is 11st (154lbs). It took a little bit longer to reach that, but I hit it this spring.

I still wasn't happy though, and decided to shoot for 10st (140lbs) just to see if I can get there. That is a BMI of 22.5. I am currently at 145lbs so am hopeful that I will reach it. And when I do? Who knows where I'll aim for next!
  • clareyoung80
    clareyoung80 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    My goal was 119 lbs (I'm 5'5"), picked because it's 8.5 stone so seemed like a reasonable goal!

But yeah, I've never been a healthy weight as an adult so I had absolutely no idea, and so I looked at a whole bunch of charts for what's good at my age/height and picked something on the lower end of the healthy scale.

But really it's not set in stone, it's based off body fat and inches and dress size and how I feel about how I look, so I have no idea if I'll get to 119 lbs. I'm just gonna see how I go!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Once I reach my first goal of 141 (healthy BMI at my height- 5'3"), I'll choose a new goal somewhere in the 130's, depending on how I feel and what size I'm wearing. (Some of my size 6's are getting loose now. I don't ever remember wearing a size 4!)