Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Introduce Yourself!

AradiaStone
AradiaStone Posts: 132 Member
Welcome!
I am a huge fan of jillian workouts so I thought I would get this group going. And push myself to get going as well!
SW: 157.2
Belly: 38 inches
Waist: 31 inches
Hips: 37 inches

My Goal for the end of this Challenge is a ten pound loss.... Let's Do this!!

Today I am starting my workout. Please feel free to post even on your rest days, staying connected with each other will really help. Start whenever you can. Post it under the Start Topic ;)

Replies

• Leslie1124
    Leslie1124 Posts: 143 Member
    I do a Jillian work out every day. I choose one of the levels from 30 Day Shred or one of the weeks from Ripped in 30 but every day I'm doing something. I did the 30 Day Shred in May straight through. I have gained weight. Probably mostly muscle but also maybe from over eating recently due to vacations (no excuse). The days i skip are due to getting home to late but that's not very often. This time I'm watching my calorie deficit.

CW 158
    GW 130
  • AradiaStone
    Welcome!! And congrats on turning a Setback into a Comeback!!! I have also completed the 30DS and was very happy with the results, but have also went off the track and gained ALL my weight back. but today is a New Day!!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Hi,
    I am currently doing the 30DS level 1 on day 5. I mix it up with jogging/running and Xbox Dance Central, as well as random wild dancing I do around the house :laugh:
    When I fell off the wagon, I was 169, I gained almost all of it back when hurricane Sandy rolled through town and turned life upside down. I am now 175 and hope to get down to 150ish. I mostly need a lot of toning and endurance. I am too scared to measure my inches haha!
    Thanks for this group :)
  • AradiaStone
    Welcome!! Sounds like you are doing pretty amazing :) I was scared to measure too, but then I remembered those days when I wouldn't lose weight but lost inches and how great of a feeling it was to know that at least something was disapearing! We got this!!
  • totem12
    totem12 Posts: 194 Member
    Awesome idea, this is the perfect group for me! I just finished a custom Jillian rotation (shred, banish fat, no more trouble zones and six pack) and now my three new DVDs have arrived I want to devise a new one!
  • ModelMomMD
    ModelMomMD Posts: 14 Member
    Hi Everyone,

I am starting to workout again after a huge lag in time! I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease and my diet and eating have been out of whack ever since. I am an RN, married for 5 years with a 5 year old son ;) I weighed 150 going into the illness, and with being on steroids and eating what felt good to my stomach, I am at 188 now :( I need to lose it for health reasons so I'm operating at my healthiest. However, with my fatigue from Remicade treatments and the disease itself...I'm not doing well. So I hope we can help to motivate each other :)

My workouts usually consisted of:
    1. Zumba cardio, and toning for a week
    2. Hip-hop Abs cardio, and toning for a week
    3. Jillian (any of her cardio and toning dvds, I LOOOVVEEEE her!...she gives me results fast!)
    4. Zumba Core for Xbox 360 Kinect
    5. Dance Central fro Xbox 360 Kinect

To start off this week I'm going with Jillians:

Tuesday - EXTREME SHED & SHRED (45 minutes) + Killer Abs (30 minutes) = 1hr 15min
    Wednesday - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM (40 minutes) + BUNS & THIGHS DVD (30 minutes) = 1hr 10min
    Thursday - EXTREME SHED & SHRED (45 minutes) + Killer Abs (30 minutes) = 1hr 15min
    Friday - BANISH FAT, BOOST METABOLISM (40 minutes) + BUNS & THIGHS DVD (30 minutes) = 1hr 10min
    Saturday - EXTREME SHED & SHRED (45 minutes) + Killer Abs (30 minutes) = 1hr 15min

This way I get the most for my workouts with cardio to start and ease into toning while fat is still burning!

I'm also going easy with my breakfast and lunches this week, with:

Breakfast - Jillian's Greek Yogurt Crunch with Quinoa Crunch and Berries (posted on blog)
    Lunch - Fruit smoothie with whey protein (will be posting to blog)
    Dinner - a meat and a vegetable
    Snacks - fruit (grapes, and mangoes are my favorite)

To prevent over eating or eating when bored, I chew Orbitz Sweet Mint gum!

I lost more than 50 pounds after my sons birth using weight watchers, Zumba, Hip-Hop Abs, and Jillian. I love to dance so that's why my workouts have to include some dance in them, but in the beginning I need Jillian to get me over the initial weight hump. Losing weight is a very complex process for women, and especially for me. I'll be posting about these difficulties on my blog later today ;) Feel free to check out my blog here:

http://reguardingwomen.blogspot.com/

It feels awesome to be a part of a group, and thanks for having me :)

Health and wealth,
    ModelMomMD
  • ModelMomMD
    ModelMomMD Posts: 14 Member
    One more question...how do I get that pound counter for the bottom of my posts?
  • Butterflykisses123
    Butterflykisses123 Posts: 112 Member
    Great idea for a group, I love Jillian's workouts! I rotate between Ripped in 30 and Six Week 6 Pack, along with running. I started with 30DS last year and really like her style. I started at 175, got down to 155 in March, slacked off and I'm back up to 163. But I'm back on track, and my next goal is 145. Let's do this!
  • AradiaStone
    Awesome idea, this is the perfect group for me! I just finished a custom Jillian rotation (shred, banish fat, no more trouble zones and six pack) and now my three new DVDs have arrived I want to devise a new one!

Welcome and thanks for joining! Can't wait to hear how it goes for you :)
  • AradiaStone
    One more question...how do I get that pound counter for the bottom of my posts?

I LOVE your plan of action!!! Thank you for joining and I will def. check out your blog :) here is a link to the ticker for your weightloss
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker/create hope the link works for you!
  • AradiaStone
    Great idea for a group, I love Jillian's workouts! I rotate between Ripped in 30 and Six Week 6 Pack, along with running. I started with 30DS last year and really like her style. I started at 175, got down to 155 in March, slacked off and I'm back up to 163. But I'm back on track, and my next goal is 145. Let's do this!

Way to Go!!! Thanks for joining! I look forward to hearing about your journey on here. Jillian rocks!!! Let's Do this!!!
  • BadAtitude
    BadAtitude Posts: 167 Member
    Hi Everyone, I too am a JM freak and love all of her DVD's. I have completed the 30DS and RI30 with great results. I am currently (week 3) working on the Body Revolution Program. Hopefully also with great results :wink:

Let's do this!!:tongue:
  • AradiaStone
    Hi Everyone, I too am a JM freak and love all of her DVD's. I have completed the 30DS and RI30 with great results. I am currently (week 3) working on the Body Revolution Program. Hopefully also with great results :wink:

Let's do this!!:tongue:

Awesome!! Welcome to the Group!!
  • atnaramAH
    atnaramAH Posts: 2
    Hi everyone! I started the 30 day shred yesterday and I'm also hoping to lose 10 lbs by the end of it so far so good!

CW: 156
    GW: 120

I'm hoping that by the end of the summer I can get back to college at least 20 lbs less september is a far time away so hopefully I can reach my goal with all you lovely people!
  • startingtoday94
    startingtoday94 Posts: 21 Member
    Hi guys!
    I think this group is an awesome idea! i love Jillian and used to do a lot of her workouts before i went down hill with my exercise and diet... hopefully i can get back on track! :)

CW: 145

Like atnaramAH… I’m hoping to shed some weight this summer before uni starts again :/

Best of luck to you all!
  • AradiaStone
    Hi everyone! I started the 30 day shred yesterday and I'm also hoping to lose 10 lbs by the end of it so far so good!

CW: 156

I'm hoping that by the end of the summer I can get back to college at least 20 lbs less september is a far time away so hopefully I can reach my goal with all you lovely people!

Awesome!! Love the shred! Welcome to the group :)
  • AradiaStone
    Hi guys!
    I think this group is an awesome idea! i love Jillian and used to do a lot of her workouts before i went down hill with my exercise and diet... hopefully i can get back on track! :)

CW: 145

Like atnaramAH… I’m hoping to shed some weight this summer before uni starts again :/

Best of luck to you all!
    Welcome!!! I can't wait to hear about which jillian workouts you will choose!! You will most def. stay on track ;) We got this!
  • pkrichar
    pkrichar Posts: 228 Member
    Hi, I love Jillian and find her very motivating. I am going to do Body Revolution. I will weigh and measure in the morning. I have been avoiding the scale because I find it very demotivating when I have a great week with lots of exercise and staying at calorie goal and then step on the scale and don't see a change or it goes up. So I am trying to only weigh once a month and focus on eating right and exercising. Looking forward to reading what others are doing and what moves they love and hate.
  • AradiaStone
    Hi, I love Jillian and find her very motivating. I am going to do Body Revolution. I will weigh and measure in the morning. I have been avoiding the scale because I find it very demotivating when I have a great week with lots of exercise and staying at calorie goal and then step on the scale and don't see a change or it goes up. So I am trying to only weigh once a month and focus on eating right and exercising. Looking forward to reading what others are doing and what moves they love and hate.

Welcome! I really like your idea about not weighing. I was having this thought myself this morning. whats the point when you will be working out either way! most especially if its demotivating...I am going to think about this but I just may join you and not weigh myself until the 13 weeks are up....hmmm
  • lilahk95
    lilahk95 Posts: 81 Member
    Hi everyone. While I can't say that I love Jillian like all of you, I do respect her work. She drives me crazy :angry: but no doubt gets the results your looking for in a short period of time. So I guess it's a love/hate thing I have for her. I tried JM before but didn't finish the dvd due to an injury. So I'm back trying to complete it this time. My goal isn't so much to lose weight but to tone up. I'm almost at my goal weight YAAAAAAAAAAAAY. So toning up will be the final piece of the leaner me.

When I first started MFP my weight was around 158. I'm at 128.8 now. My goal weight is/was 127...so I thought. I still have this enormous gut that I must get down. My stomach is definitely my problem area. It doesn't have to be flat, just flattish....lol.

Here's to wishing us all good luck on our journey with Jillian. Yay! Stay pumped and motivated.