Welp... back to the hospital for me

Options
anbrdr
anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
Had a sharp pain in m groin earlier today. Ignored it for a while, and it was only mild discomfort. I went to the restroom tonight, and it looks like Ive found myself an inguinal hernia. Called the after hours number (of my surgical practice) and they want me to come in tomorrow morning. It's hurting worse now but not bad enough to warrant an ER visit.

Is this just coincidental timing, or could this be a result of the surgery. Anyone else have the same thing happen?

Replies

• Trayjay33
    Trayjay33 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I cannot relate to that experience but I wanted to say that I'm glad your surgical group is attentive to your needs, feel better soon.
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear you're having this issue. Hernia's are common after surgery but I'm not sure if an inguinal hernia is? Wishing you the best of luck today. Glad you are getting it attended to asap!
  • joysie1970
    joysie1970 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Best wishes for a speedy recovery - keep us posted!
  • loriloftness
    loriloftness Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Inguinal hernias are in your abdomen so I can't imagine it would be related to your surgery. I would guess that you probably already had it and it unfortunately chose this time to pop out. You'll feel much better when it is fixed.
  • anbrdr
    Options
    Good news is it's not a hernia or a torsion, so no immediate surgery. Bad news is the surgeon is stumped and sending me to a urologist tomorrow.
  • CEK0220
    CEK0220 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hope this has been resolved and that you're feeling better now.
  • anbrdr
    Options
    Yeah. They sent me to a urologist, he said infection from the catheter, and sent me home with Cipro. Things are mostly back to the regular size and shape. Thanks
  • 911Chrisy
    911Chrisy Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Glad you are getting the meds you need.
    Hope you are feeling 100% soon.
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    So glad it wasn't more serious. Feel better soon!
  • anbrdr
    Options
    Thanks much!