Exercise

Options
Sweet_Pandora
Sweet_Pandora Posts: 459 Member
We all know the benefits of exercise.

Currently I have been doing DVD workouts at home 5 days a week approximately 30 minutes a day. I just finished Insanity Max and started Focus T25 again. My hubby is doing it along with me to support and motivate me :)

I also love to run, walk and do yoga there's just not enough time for everything.

What do you do to stay active?

Karen

Replies

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I ride my bicycle or run almost daily. I walk a couple of times a day with girls from work, too.
  • Bikerchickmomma
    Bikerchickmomma Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Presently, I am focusing on mostly walking. I vary it. I speed walk a couple times a week. I also "pole-walk". (That's walking with poles--sometimes it called nordic walking.) Burns 40% more calories and works the upper body. I still use my spin bike regularly and have incorporated several sessions of free weights to help with my arm toning and strength.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Swim laps at the pool on campus near my office
  • TheGaudyMagpie
    TheGaudyMagpie Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I hike regularly, with poles too. I love to hike, but my hands swell and activating the upper body keeps that from happening. It's normal, but not comfortable. I felt kind of weird using them at first, but they really help with the hills and rocky terrain too.

I also do resistance training at the gym at least twice a week and plan to increase it when my husband gets off his summer teaching schedule (I'm less motivated to go alone).
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I run 5k or so 3x a week.
    I try to always get 10k steps
    I either ride or walk to work
    I do Pilates
    I lift
  • uptoyoufitness
    uptoyoufitness Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I treadmill on incline or elliptical 4 days a week for 30 minutes at a good clip
    Weight train each day for 30 minutes alternating muscle groups per day
    Resistance every other workout day
    Two days at the gym, one day off, two days at the gym, two days off
    This routine works well and has been totally manageable for four years!