To eat or not to eat.......

Options
Redztime2shine
Redztime2shine Posts: 12 Member
I've been doing keto for a little over a week now and today I actually had a conversation with myself (no I'm not crazy I just do what the voices in my head tell me to do :D ). It was about if I was actually hungry or not.

PK (pre-keto) I was never satisfied (even after stuffing myself I never really felt nourished). So for the first time in LIKE EVER (in my best Valley Girl voice) I had to ask do I really want something to eat? The answer was "no", so I will wait until later.

I'm definitely loving Keto!!
Red

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    That's one of the best side effects for me, personally!
  • rainbowunicorns720
    rainbowunicorns720 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Today is day 9 for me. This is my second time on Keto since I quit during pregnancy. I adapted much faster this time. I went 23 hours without eating before I ate today and I only had 700 cals yesterday. Still wasnt super hungry but ate anyway since I know I will be busy the rest of the day. Even went and played tennis on an empty stomach and felt just fine. I LOVE keto! Easiest way of eating Ive ever tried and I feel fantastic!
  • flatlandrunner
    flatlandrunner Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have found (at least for me) to follow your gut :)

Pre Keto I would keep eating even when I wasn't hungry bc my mind would say, "oh it's _____ o'clock so you have to eat." or "you're feeling ______ so you should probably eat"

With keto I find if I do eat when I'm not hungry I become uncomfortable quickly and any emotional eating has reduced substantially again bc I get full quickly and uncomfortable easily. It's like my brain has caught up with the rest of me and now it's "Oh it's ______ o'clock and I'm not hungry. I'll save this______ to eat when I do feel hungry." or "I feel ______, but I'm not hungry so I'll do something else instead of eating"

I agree with Rainbowunicorn- keto is the best, it's easy, it's intuitive and best of all I don't eat awful tasting low-fat anything anymore!