*kitten* happens

Options
farmers_daughter
farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
I'm so glad the people in here are so real, and aren't afraid to admit when *kitten* happens or that they have cravings for non lchf stuff. And that they have stressful lives too. And supportive.

Thank you! Just wanted to throw that out there.

Replies

• farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Well.. Poop then, not the "s" word, but Poo happens. LOL. Censorship peeps. My bad.
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    Well.. Poop then, not the "s" word, but Poo happens. LOL. Censorship peeps. My bad.

LOL, yup! I appreciate the honesty here too.
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    LOL. *kitten* does happen. But we support each other, chalk this up to a learning experience and the most important thing, we don't give up and cave to our old bad habits... We move on stronger and more knowledgable and get closer to our goal. That's what it's all about, creating new patterns of behaviour.... Not beating ourselves or each other up! :)
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    If we don't share our struggles, setbacks, and hiccups, how can we share our strategies to overcome all those things? Life is messy. Period. Yes, poop happens. I think if we're going to put a glossy coating on this, we might as well not try, because nothing about getting healthier is easy, simple, or pretty. The end results may be, but I find it far more attractive, the person drenched in sweat, red-faced from workout out, or that proud grin from overcoming an obstacle, or just sharing that feeling of relief when a concern is resolved. Besides, being "REAL" is what helps us bond and truly trust each other. I don't want someone blowing sunshine up my backside to make me feel better. I need truth and reality and tough love!
  • GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    If we don't share our struggles, setbacks, and hiccups, how can we share our strategies to overcome all those things? Life is messy. Period. Yes, poop happens. I think if we're going to put a glossy coating on this, we might as well not try, because nothing about getting healthier is easy, simple, or pretty. The end results may be, but I find it far more attractive, the person drenched in sweat, red-faced from workout out, or that proud grin from overcoming an obstacle, or just sharing that feeling of relief when a concern is resolved. Besides, being "REAL" is what helps us bond and truly trust each other. I don't want someone blowing sunshine up my backside to make me feel better. I need truth and reality and tough love!

What? You mean no rainbows, unicorns and pink sunglasses???
  • professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    I think the unicorn rammed me from behind

It wasn't a great experience

Just had a very disappointing event myself

Far from a perfectly calm pond this life we live.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I think the unicorn rammed me from behind

It wasn't a great experience

Just had a very disappointing event myself

Far from a perfectly calm pond this life we live.

Hope you are okay.
  • Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    That's life, isn't it? Plain sailing it isn't.

Hugs to everyone. I hope you are all doing ok.

I'm going to have a quiet few hours, take a mental vacation to a quiet beach for a gentle swim to prepare for the onslaught of teen boys who are converging on us for a LAN party tonight.

<3
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Things happen, our bodies are bizarre works of art/science/who the heck knows. But we get where we're going eventually.
  • DianaElena76
    Options
    Sajyana wrote: »
    That's life, isn't it? Plain sailing it isn't.

Hugs to everyone. I hope you are all doing ok.

I'm going to have a quiet few hours, take a mental vacation to a quiet beach for a gentle swim to prepare for the onslaught of teen boys who are converging on us for a LAN party tonight.

<3
    I didn't low LAN parties were still a thing.
  • Sajyana
    Options
    Mami1976D wrote: »

Alive and well around here. Our son and all his mates play CS:GO, TF2 and the like. Instead of barking orders at each other over Skype they do it while sit around the same table and scoffing every morsel at food that we can throw at them. :) It was our son's birthday on Wednesday so we are hosting tonight.
  • DianaElena76
    Options

Alive and well around here. Our son and all his mates play CS:GO, TF2 and the like. Instead of barking orders at each other over Skype they do it while sit around the same table and scoffing every morsel at food that we can throw at them. :) It was our son's birthday on Wednesday so we are hosting tonight.

That's cool. Yeah, I remember my brother and all his friends getting together for LAN parties. Actually, my brother briefly owned some sort of store/clubhouse that hosted LAN parties too. I completely forgot about that!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options

That's cool. Yeah, I remember my brother and all his friends getting together for LAN parties. Actually, my brother briefly owned some sort of store/clubhouse that hosted LAN parties too. I completely forgot about that!

My brothers and ex did this too. I remember 10-foot tables, end to end, 20+ computers lined up side by side. Man, that was hilarious! And I think there is something about gaming that mentally amps you up to needing more calories. I'd be very tempted to try a hard core gaming session fasted for some reason... LOL
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Yes, crap happens. Usually its a pint of ice cream with my face in it. But life goes on. So we share, we care, and we advocate for each other. This is the best site on MFP, period.
  • mommy2boysaz
    mommy2boysaz Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Stuff DOES happen! Life happens! I keep finding myself questioning whether this WOE is truly sustainable for me long term. It feels like it needs to be all or nothing. And I don't think I can do it ALL the time. I do think I can do it most of the time, but occasionally I will want to eat ice cream at the ballpark with my family. Or have some popcorn at the movies with my kids. Have any of you found a way to live life and yet still manage to stay low carb most of the time and lose weight (even if it is a slower loss)? I'm always curious about people who have eaten this way over a period of years and gotten to their goal and maintained it. How perfect are they about their carb intake?
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Yes, *kitten* happens all the time. It's how we allow these events to control our lives that matters. Yea, the AC in your car quit working....does that mean we need to run by Kri$py sugar filled poison to calm the stress? NO it doesn't. Making the choice, everyday, makes it automatic, eventually. You get to where you don't even think about food during stressful times. Try to let it all roll off as much as you can!
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Have any of you found a way to live life and yet still manage to stay low carb most of the time and lose weight (even if it is a slower loss)? I'm always curious about people who have eaten this way over a period of years and gotten to their goal and maintained it. How perfect are they about their carb intake?

Only about 6 months for me, but yes, I can now get away with an occasional treat. It can be a slippery slope, so I don't push my luck. But as cravings and general hunger levels wane, I find that former overeating-triggers are no longer triggers.

In the first few months, I would use exercise as a way to burn off excess carbs and/or calories. Interestingly, that made exercise into a daily habit for me -- a nice side effect IMO.

It is absolutely possible to fall off the wagon. I did 10 years ago. Now I'm hyper-aware of my triggers (PIZZA), so I completely avoid the worst ones and nibble at the less dangerous ones.

• professionalHobbyist
    professionalHobbyist Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    Yes, *kitten* happens all the time. It's how we allow these events to control our lives that matters. Yea, the AC in your car quit working....does that mean we need to run by Kri$py sugar filled poison to calm the stress? NO it doesn't. Making the choice, everyday, makes it automatic, eventually. You get to where you don't even think about food during stressful times. Try to let it all roll off as much as you can!

I love your brain

So true

Food has no magical properties to soften pain, relieve stress, celebrate joy

It is just food. It all turns to... Well we know what food turns to.

I had a messed up view of food. Your post was a reminder of that most basic truth behind my weight gain years ago
  • Sajyana
    Options

I had a messed up view of food. Your post was a reminder of that most basic truth behind my weight gain years ago

This is it isn't it? I know this. I do. I believe it but I still struggle with it. I haven't let the food completely dominate this time so I'm calling that a battle won and pulling this back on track.

It's Sunday Morning, the sun is shining so I'm getting of my butt and going to wander around the markets. I need new plants for the front verandah and Spring is just around the corner.

This group is awesome.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »

I love your brain

So true

I tend to think this way too. I would take almonds and or pork rinds to the movie for my snack and if the buttery popcorn was calling to me, I would have a handful, but wouldn't feel the need to keep going.
    I tend to feel like I want that taste, but don't need to eat that food, so I'll get a taste and eat a different food