Horseback Riding Victories

Options
Here4Ponies
Here4Ponies Posts: 116 Member
We have NSVs so what about Horseback Riding Victories (HRVs)?

Last night I finally - FINALLY - began to feel like I am actually making progress. I now reliably have the tools to fix the most common riding problems I encounter -- the bulging shoulder, the giraffe, the rush and spook, and the not-gonna-can't-make-me.

Thank you planks for giving me a strong enough core to sit back and still keep my hands low and soft.

Replies

• showjumper
    showjumper Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I sat the trot for 40 min last night doing my lateral work...... shoulder in, haunches in, 8m circles every corner and half pass to change direction...... He was fantastic! I must add he is a 17'1 german warmblood with impossibly active movement!
  • Here4Ponies
    Here4Ponies Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    showjumper wrote: »
    I sat the trot for 40 min last night doing my lateral work...... shoulder in, haunches in, 8m circles every corner and half pass to change direction...... He was fantastic! I must add he is a 17'1 german warmblood with impossibly active movement!

Awesome! The only one of my horses I can sit the trot on for any real time is my BF trail horse. His trot is so flat, even when he's covering ground he's as comfy as a couch.
  • showjumper
    Options
    @Here4Cookies i think you need to put an entry in here :)
  • epiphany29
    epiphany29 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    If I have to (and I really try to avoid it) I can get on my horse from the ground again.
  • showjumper
    Options
    Woo hoo :)@epiphany29 It is always a great skill to have, not sure how many mounting blocks there are out in the great out doors!