confused and scared

Options
mjj79
mjj79 Posts: 415 Member
I increased my cals to 1200 this week and then actually hit 1500 cals today. (My TDEE is somewhere between 2300 and 3000 depending on which calculator)

I feel gross for eating 1500 cals and am so scared i'm gonna gain a ton of weight. How do you get past the fear????

I've tried reading these other threads that explain how this works and I find myself getting confused (which surprises me bc I'm not uneducated or inexperienced with the concept....maybe it's my fear clouding my thinking.)

Replies

• SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    It is such a mind game to convince yourself that you need to eat more. I currently am also increasing my calories so I can reset my metabolism. It is hard but you can totally do it! Believe in your body. You will see gains in scale numbers and it will take everything in you to not go back to the very low calories you were at before. Don't be scared of the increase. Try to embrace it. You are healing your body. I promise you that the weight gain is temporary.

I have been building my calories up towards my TDEE for three weeks now and I have so much more energy to do all the things I want to do. More energy means I can exercise and get stronger and build muscle and get healthier.

I have gained back about 6lbs since I started upping my calories and all of those have happened in the last three days. It can be a bit of shock but I believe in this process. I am convinced it will work but it will take time.

My measurements (chest, hips, waist, thighs, and arms) have all dropped inches in the last week, even with the scale weight gain. I am not yet eating at my TDEE (I have 300-600 to increase depending on the calculator I use), but I am eating about 500 more than my BMR.

I will keep some positive thoughts going for you.
  • mjj79
    mjj79 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Thanks. That helps :)