DDPYOGA/RYGYOGA?

Options
frichris
frichris Posts: 13 Member
Hello, I have been doing yoga on and off for about 20 years but just found the DDP Yoga series where you add in dynamic resistance. I love it and have found a new commitment to yoga. Anyone else doing it?

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    no I cannot say I have

what makes it different than a Rodney yee power yoga workout, or any "power" vinysana asana?

asking because I do not know, I read about it but I'm not sure I understand the difference
  • frichris
    frichris Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Its the way you engage your muscle. I may have just never understood the power yoga videos but DDP explains it differently and the workouts are all around thirty minutes long but you will really feel it. There are a few on YouTube if you want to check them out.
  • BFree2BMe
    BFree2BMe Posts: 11 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I just start ddp yoga. This is my second week. I am NO expecert when it comes to yoga. I have only done it a couple of times at the gym in a class. So far I'm loving it and I also have my husband doing it. We are following the protocol atm so we only do it 3x a week. I feel I can do more but I'm trying to take things slow this time and turn my lifestyle around. Atm I am loving it, I don't think the names for certain moves are correct ;), so I will have to relearn if I ever get really involved with yoga.
  • kotchangingme
    kotchangingme Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    how does DDP yoga compare to hatha or vinyassa flow? Any recommendations of DVD's?
  • teressalogan
    teressalogan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I recently started doing DDP with a friend and we both love it!
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    I know this is an old thread but I really enjoy DDPY yoga when I want a workout that is more intense than the yoga at my gym. I do it a at least three times a week and my pushups and planks have improved so much.