Hard to reach 1200 calories a day

FoodieYi
FoodieYi Posts: 2 Member
Hello, I'm new here and have a problem. My body fat is 18% and want to lose belly fat. The app says my daily goal is 1200 calories but I hardly can do that. Always under the scale, especially I worked out five times a week. It's hard to reach 1200.My roommate told me the body stores fat if I can't reach the basic calories need... I am really worried... I love fruit, vegetables, yourgert,beef and salmon. I seldom eat dinner because I am not hungry at all. I really don't want to push myself eating. What should I do? Thanks very much!

Replies

• MrsSchimmy
    MrsSchimmy Posts: 255 Member
    ^^ Yup!

Calorie dense foods. But watch your macros as a lot of calorie dense foods also have a lot of fat and you don't want too much fat in your diet. Fat isn't bad but in BIG amounts, it is.

I'm sure you already know, but you can't spot reduce body fat. I also wonder if you have a lingering ED? I see traits from mine in your post...
  • starfish235
    starfish235 Posts: 129 Member
    When my son was young he was very under weight. After writing every thing down for weeks I found out fresh vegetables made him have loose bowels. He had a bad illness when he was 4 months old. I think that is what ruined his stomach for 2 years. I took him off fresh things. Canned foods were ok. After I did this for 2 months he could eat anything. Before this he couldn't eat the proper amount for his age. He was suppose to eat 1500 calories. He was only eating 800. I counted his calories for months. I started feeding him a table spoon of chocolate chips every night if his calories were down. That got his weight up 5 lb. he was only 3 years old. So 5 lb was a lot. He said he remembers me force feeding him the chocolate chips.