Stuck in a cycle :(

Options
buket1819
buket1819 Posts: 73 Member
I'm stuck in this cycle where I either eat 800 calories daily, or binge for days. I really don't know what to do. I can't bring myself to eat more either when I don't binge, because I feel like I HAVE to get rid of all the weight now. It is so frustrating :(

Replies

• lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    We're only human. We expect the weight to come off fast. Sometimes I feel like I put the weight on fast so it should come off fast, but, unfortunately, I don't think our bodies work that way. I, too, will go good for a couple days and then go off on a binge. I'm trying to take one day at a time. That's all I can do. It's a continuing struggle, and I feel your pain.
  • ChronicOptimist
    ChronicOptimist Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Those cycles are incredibly hard to break, I've found myself in them many times. Three or four days eating WAY too low of calories, then a week of constant binging. If there's an easy fix, I certainly haven't found it. I just have to make myself acknowledge that though eating extremely low calories may seem like a way to balance out the binges, all it's doing is feeding the fire for future binges. Could you maybe keep a higher calorie treat in the house you can have at night to help you get your calories up? A handful of almonds and a Haagen Dazs ice cream bar can get you from 800 calories to over 1200 pretty successfully!