Options
debrag12
debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
edited July 2015 in Social Groups
So currently I:

Bench press 20kg/44lbs (just bar)
OHP 15kg/33lbs (fixed weight bar)
Squat 30kg/66lbs (bar + 2x5kg plates)

I have been using these weights for a few weeks now. I saw a trainer recently doing a class with two ladies (their first class) and saw they were squating heavier than me (motivating me to try more weight) but racking blind i.e. backwards (no motivation to join the class ever).

On my next session I did 1x8 20kg, 1x8 30kg, 1x8 40kg, 1x5 40kg. I struggled using 40kg, my form was no were near good. Now how do I progress when the only plates available are:

2x5kg
2x10kg
2x15kg
2x20kg
2x25kg

Should I do 1x8 20kg, 2x8 30kg, 1x8 40kg? I have no desire to buy plates and carry them around with me as I tend to go to the gym before or after work.

Replies

• amr32r
    amr32r Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Some advice that was given to me was not to progress in weight until you can do proper form at current weight...i had that problem with weights at my gym i searched around and found a 300lb olympic weight set for my garage ..only problem i have now is i need a squat rack now..im afraid to go higher than 95 lbs without a rack.
  • charitys_aloette
    charitys_aloette Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above reply. Keep at a weight in which you can keep proper form. Increase your weight once you feel your form is good. It is super easy to blow out your back with bad form. I've seen it done... Doesn't have to be a heavy weight to cause a problem.