Summer time! How are you staying focused?

Options
leecha2014
leecha2014 Posts: 385 Member
edited July 2015 in Social Groups
Camping, Cottaging friends and bbqs - how are you staying on track or are you? :wink:

Replies

• leecha2014
    Options
    Well it's been pretty quite here this summer, so I thought I would post this. I'm about to head to the cottage for a week and I'm determined to not gain any weight. I'm bringing my runners and I'm going to plan my meals ahead of time. I don't like to spend a lot of time cooking when I'm at the cottage so I'm going to make a big bag of brown rice before I go for bowls, some veggie burgers, I love the Costco quinoa salad so getting that and will probably make some chocolate energy balls for snacks.
  • zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    Options
    Yes very busy summer I think. Have fun at the summer cottage! I'm just trying to maintain for the summer.
  • RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    Options
    Not staying on track. Gone pretty far off the track, in fact! But maintaining, not gaining. So have to be thankful for that.

Smart idea about the brown rice. Will it keep very long? I tend to eat it up in a couple of days, but should make a larger amount and then I would make smarter choices at lunch, which seems to be my problem time of day right now. I love chocolate protein balls, but I can't stop at one. They're too yummy. And soooo much work to make. Have a fun time at the cottage!
  • leecha2014
    Options
    I'm back. Did terrible, lol. Breakfast, lunches were good but then the snacking and drinks came around. Oh well, it could have been worse :( back to business!
  • zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    Options
    Glad you had a great time!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,180 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Glad you enjoyed the break, Lisa. Great to see you back on my thread. I am doing the Game of Thrones Challenge to keep me focused this summer. I have my hip replacement scheduled for 4th Sept, so trying to build up the muscles before that to aid recovery.