Just finished w6d3 and freaking out a bit

Options
ncturtle68
ncturtle68 Posts: 5 Member
Just looked at week 7 and week 8 and starting to get nervous. It took 6 weeks to run 15min straight and now in two weeks we get to 30 min?
I know that I need to believe in myself and the program, but it does seem daunting!

Replies

• JasmijnRF
    JasmijnRF Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I finished week 6 today as well. I haven't looked at week 7 yet. Once you are able to run for 20 minutes, it is not that hard to get to 30. Don't worry too much about it. :)
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Have faith, go slower if you need to. Thousands have people have gone through this before you. This is your mind bullying your body. Don't let it.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    ftrobbie wrote: »
    Have faith, go slower if you need to. Thousands have people have gone through this before you. This is your mind bullying your body. Don't let it.
    QFT
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    it's about finding a good pace. I have been focusing on music that has the beat that I want to run to
    I don't even necessarily like all the music but it becomes much easier for me. plus then my inner voice has to yell. my inner voice is often too lazy to do that.
    halestorm, redlight kings, x ambassadors, panic at the disco, Sixx am, maroon 5, kings of leon etc
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »
    it's about finding a good pace. I have been focusing on music that has the beat that I want to run to
    I don't even necessarily like all the music but it becomes much easier for me. plus then my inner voice has to yell. my inner voice is often too lazy to do that.
    halestorm, redlight kings, x ambassadors, panic at the disco, Sixx am, maroon 5, kings of leon etc
    On jog.fm, you can search by pace to find songs in the range you want to run. I made a playlist of all my songs in order by slowest to fastest pace.
  • demoiselle2014
    demoiselle2014 Posts: 474 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    ncturtle68 wrote: »
    Just looked at week 7 and week 8 and starting to get nervous. It took 6 weeks to run 15min straight and now in two weeks we get to 30 min?
    I know that I need to believe in myself and the program, but it does seem daunting!

It isn't that bad! I found every increase after W5D3 very doable, though they looked scary!
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! I thought I couldn't do a 30 second run weeks ago and now I just finished a 3 minute run. Now I have to be able to complete 16 minutes worth of runs on each day during week four. It just sounds so impossible. But, I have completed all the weeks previous, no matter how challenging.

You can do this! You have trained for this moment.
  • deannaaaaaaaaa
    deannaaaaaaaaa Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Also the app Spring allows you to choose your pace (step count per minute), and then assigns you songs to match that! It also maps your run.
  • mbaker566
    Options
    Also the app Spring allows you to choose your pace (step count per minute), and then assigns you songs to match that! It also maps your run.

that sounds cool
  • JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the app Spring! I have been listening to biggest loser workout DVDS that have a pace to them, it really helps me with breathing and keeping pace. I just finished W6D3 20 minute JOG, never in my wildest dreams did I think I could do it. This training is amazing. I wasn't winded. My heart rate stayed around 130 -135 the entire time.
  • ncturtle68
    ncturtle68 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    OP here.. so 3 weeks and sinus infection later, I completed week 7 day 1 and day 2. Looking forward to day 3 this weekend!. thanks for all the encouragement - it was good to know that others have made it through :)
  • mbaker566
    Options
    we did survive :)
  • joolieb1
    joolieb1 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I just did w5r3 and I had been so scared of it too. It was pretty hard but my breathing and pace r fine, so calves burning on and off is annoying and brain keeps telling me to stop. Think of the programme so far, it has not let us down. If you are determined to do it you will. By the time you can run 20, you can do 25,28,30! Find mind tricks that pass the time. I find counting slowly is good, sometimes I touch my fingers with my thumb each time I count, look around you, positive self talk (I am a runner, I can do this, wait till I get on the Forum later)!