Setting the bar low for myself.

Options
Dariasen
Dariasen Posts: 145 Member
I've been lurking in this group, picking up tips as I prepare myself to start the program while I do a lot of walking to build on my stamina the past month.
So today on my lunch break at work I was taking my 20min walk/jog in the parking lot. I felt so good that I picked up the pace and was able to clear a lot more distance in that time than ever. I walked back to the building practically skipping because I was planning on starting C25K next Sunday, but I felt confident to start tonight after work.
In fact, I felt so confident I neglected to remember the curb by the front door and face planted into the asphalt! :s

Now, I'm sitting in my cubicle, with the office 1st aid kit appreciating that I planned to start next week. At least now I know any run is a good run if I don't kiss pavement. :)

Replies

• ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Have fun, enjoy the ride/ run, post your successes in the daily thread, you'll get lots of support there. Hope the face and other body parts are ok. Good luck on your journey, you will accomplish great things
  • minkky
    minkky Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I really thought things like this only happened to me. I'm so happy to meet another person who gets excited to the point of distraction.
    I don't always follow the c25k program, but I do walk/run intervals and I absolutely love it. I would say im at about week 3 of the program for about a month now. I hope when you are ready to start that you love it too.
  • rebeccatherine
    rebeccatherine Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hope your face heals fast!
    Welcome to the group, and all runs are good runs! (Yes, minus pavement.) You're lapping everyone on the couch!
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Lol, I did that a week ago taking a short cut turn around between paths! Good news is, scratches are all healed up and about gone, bad news is the bruises on my chin, knees and now boob are still pretty in purple! It's all good - warrior scars!