The aftermath....

Options
iona_ellen
iona_ellen Posts: 138 Member
Hi,
What does everyone do/how do they think after a binge moment?

Do they do extra exercise next day etc type thing?

Replies

• mae918
    mae918 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Repeatedly bingeing usually lasts 1-2 weeks for me. I get really mad at myself and know that I undid months and months of progress in just a few days. I usually don't bother with a workout for days after a binge..I just give up until I can manage some logical thinking again..
  • FinntheVeggie
    FinntheVeggie Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I sometimes have the impulse to either a) throw up (thankfully I've always been able to remind myself why this is a terrible idea and steer myself off of that mentally ill path) or b) eat more because "today is ruined I might as well enjoy it before I go back to being good tomorrow". Neither of these are healthy thoughts in any way shape or form. I usually just lie in bed waffling between those options but not really acting on either of them.

I've been working hard to change this thought pattern, and I've been seeing slow progress. I choose to disappear into a book or the internet simply to keep my mind off what I've eaten. I do this for a few hours so the feeling of being uncomfortably full is past and hopefully my logical brain has returned. If it is early I will eat an apple or salad with no dressing for the day's remaining meals, but if it's around dinnertime or later I just won't eat until the next day. Then I try to be extra strict for the next day or two (I usually allow myself 1 treat or dessert that fits in my calorie budget per day, but I skip those). I never allow myself to miss a workout because of a binge unless I feel physically sick to my stomach.