Newbie to keto....

kinketo42
kinketo42 Posts: 14 Member
Started a week ago and already feel better. I don't know if the keto-flu is still in my future or if the worse is over. I had a slight headache this weekend and nausea/vomiting last Saturday night for no apparent reasons (I had pretty much the same kind of food as the previous days). Eager to find more ideas about allowable keto foods as my food diary is getting kinda repetitive. Happy that I lost 5lbs already...and feel great today...<3 keto:)

Replies

• toadqueen
    toadqueen Posts: 592 Member
    We all experience the keto-flu differently. The only thing I have read in this forum was to make sure you are getting sufficient sodium.

I have lots of food sensitivities so I am not the best to offer food choices but I am sure you will hear from others.

Congrats on the 5 lbs and I am glad you are feeling better.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,103 Member
    Electrolytes as a whole - hydration, sodium, potassium, and magnesium. Potassium and magnesium generally only dump or get out balance if you don't stay hydrated and balance sodium together.

Keto flu just hits some people differently, as as long as you are listening to your body, you can minimize most of it. Danger zones:

Days 2-7
    Day 14
    Day 21
    Day 28
    Day 42

Pretty much just like children develop at different rates, we all keto adapt at different rates, but as your body becomes more fat adapted, you have chances for difference stages of this. LIsten to your body, keep your hydration up and your electrolytes in balance, and you'll minimize most of this! If in doubt, eat a pickle and drink some water! ;)